Chapter 6

The next day, Richie and Freen had to undergo a drug test. Freen woke up early to cook breakfast for her aunt, while Richie planned to pick her up later.

"Is that today?" Her aunt asked. "I forgot. You shouldn't cook for me when you're going somewhere. I'm fine, Freen, really." Deli clasped Freen's hand and smiled.

"And I told you that I won't leave you without anything to eat. Last time you forgot to eat lunch." Freen squinted at her aunt and laughed. "I'm going home late. I'll call you to check if you eat, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." Deli chuckled and waved as Freen left.

Outside, Richie leaned on his car door, and at the back seat, Becky was listening to music, unaware that Freen had already come out.

"What is she doing here?" Freen asked softly. "We're going to the university afterwards."

"Yeah. Mom and Dad told me to bring her with me. Also, I asked Gulf if the senior high could come to the college building, and he confirmed. Now, Becky is with us until later," Richie explained and shrugged. "Why? You don't want her with us?" He chuckled.

"It's not that. Let's just go," Freen said, entering the car.

"Oh-oh. Not there." Richie pulled Freen out, causing her to furrow her brows.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"You're going to drive today." Richie smirked, handing her the keys before entering the passenger seat. "I'll be the passenger prince for today."

Freen rolled her eyes and accepted the keys, fastening her seatbelt. She looked at the rearview mirror and saw Becky sleeping, looking like an angel with her thick lashes and soft lips.

"Freen?" Richie called her name, pulling her from her thoughts. "You're too mesmerized by Becky's sleeping face. You can't believe it, right?"

"Believe what?" Freen asked and started the engine.

"Believe that she can look like an angel sometimes," Richie said, laughing. He threw a piece of paper at Becky's face, waking her up. She threw the headphone at Richie.

"That hurts!" Richie yelled. "Sit properly. We're leaving," Freen said.

Richie glared at Becky and mouthed something, but Becky only grimaced and went back to sleep.

While driving, Richie cleared his throat. "Freen, do you mind if I ask why you and Gulf were behind the mall yesterday?"

"Oh." Freen chuckled awkwardly. "About that... I want to break up with him. However, he didn't want to."

"Yeah, I heard about it. Sorry." Richie sighed. "But may I ask who you slept with that night?"

Freen couldn't answer. She didn't want to lie but also didn't want to tell the truth.

"It's fine, Freen. I just want to know. If he's a good guy or not, so that I can warn you about him or what..." Richie said softly, but a piece of paper hit his face.

"Shut up, dude. I'm sleeping," Becky scolded her brother, winking at Freen in the rearview mirror. Freen shook her head and chuckled softly.

Richie and Freen arrived on time and saw Gulf waiting. Freen didn't know her boyfriend would be there.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, glaring at him.

"Why? I heard that the incoming first years of the Engineering Department will have to undergo a drug test today. So, I came. Don't you want to see me?" Gulf asked, flashing a sweet smile.

"I'm with Richie and his sister. We're going to the university after this, looking for a dorm." Freen averted her gaze. "Please, can you go home after this?"

"Of course not, why would I?" Gulf looked at her with disappointment. "I won't bother you. I'll just follow you from behind, is that okay?"

"Freen," Richie called her. "Can I steal your girlfriend for a second? We have to go inside."

Freen looked at Gulf, and her eyes widened when Becky stood beside him. Becky waved at Freen before talking to Gulf.

When Freen left, Becky heaved a sigh and looked at the sky. Perhaps, it was her and Freen's stupid boyfriend for now. Later on, she would tease her again.

"Becky, right?" Gulf asked.

Becky looked at him and gently raised her left eyebrow. "Why?"

"How long have Richie and Freen been best friends?" Gulf asked again.

"I don't know. I studied in London. How would I know?" Becky shrugged, about to leave when Gulf stopped her again.

"I don't believe that your brother is innocent. I have a hunch that he and Freen slept together that night." He glared at the direction where Richie and Freen vanished.

Becky laughed and covered her mouth. "It's not him, you idiot. I saw her that night. And I know who she slept with." She smirked at Gulf.

"Who?" Gulf turned to her with a furious look.

"I promised her that I wouldn't tell anybody." Becky pursed her lips. "Sorry."