Special Chapter - Becky's POV

BECKY

"What do you mean she's staying here for a while, Richie?" I exclaimed after learning that Freen would be residing in our mansion for more than a week.

I was caught between conflicting emotions - should I be happy about her return or sad knowing she'll eventually leave again?

"Please, Becky. I know how much you want to see her. You even undergo the surgery because you want to see her until then. You've been waiting for her, right?" Richie asked, and I furrowed my brows.

"Not anymore. It's been seven years. Do you think I would still hold on to that?" I scoffed. "Well, if you want her to stay here, make sure she won't interfere with my work."

"You're not working, Becky. You're just sending orders." Richie glared at me.

The next morning, Richie had to leave town for business, leaving me alone with Freen. I discovered that William was tasked with looking after her, so I decided to visit the vineyard often to check on her.

"Why is she upstairs?" Irin asked as we rested just outside Freen's window. Thankfully, her room was upstairs, and she wouldn't hear us. "Did you two fight?"

"No." I shook my head and pretended to read a magazine.

"I asked the head maid to bring her food, just like what you said. Why don't you admit that you're no longer mad at her, Becky?" Irin rolled her eyes.

"If I did, she won't make an effort to win me back." I stuck my tongue out and looked above. I saw Freen at the window, so I averted my gaze.

I waited for Freen to make more effort, but she didn't. I wanted to give up and tell her that I wanted her back, but seeing her happy with William made my heart sink into an eternal abyss without a chance of beating again. I entered my private garden, where all the flowers were ones I used to plant with Freen. Everything about her was there, so how could I forget her? I even named my animals after her so people would know her if she came back. I was so smitten with Freen, and I didn't know how she did that.

"Lego," I called him. "Tell William that I'm going to relocate both of you." I said while looking at him wiping Freen's lips. "If he wants to see me, I'll be at the old greenhouse."

I waited for William there, and because I was too angry at Freen, I said many things that hurt her. I was wrong this time. I hurt the person I loved the most. I wanted to say sorry that night, but I found out she really left.

Becbec, the kitten I gave her on her birthday, was the only one who saw me cry my heart out that night. Although Richie did come back, I didn't face him. I was embarrassed. It was all my fault.

And when I found out that she was engaged and soon to marry Heng, my heart dropped again. How many heartaches would Freen give me? And why, after all of those, did I still want her back?

"Take care of her," Freen told me as she handed Becbec to me. And just like me, Becbec was left alone too.

I went outside and watched her smiling while walking down the aisle. It was so hard to take in, but I needed to have courage. We still love each other, Freen. Why do you have to do this? This is not our love story, but a story about love where I'm just an extra, Freen.

Even if you choose to marry someone else, I will always be yours. Even if I am loving you from here. From afar and in secret. My heart will always be yours.

I turned around and saw Heng bump into me. He should be inside, and what was he doing here? The ceremony would start soon.

"You're here," he smiled at me. "Care to join me for a smoke?"

"You should go inside. Freen is inside. Go, marry her." I prompted.

"Why would I marry someone who doesn't love me?" Heng asked and pulled me by the other hand because I was carrying Becbec.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"If I didn't show up, the marriage would be canceled, and they would blame me. My father would apologize to Freen and compensate her. But if Freen didn't show up, she would lose everything she worked hard for," Heng explained. "Now you know why she has to marry me?"

"What do you mean?" I asked again because I couldn't understand.

"Freen loves you more than anything, Becky. And if marrying her won't give her happiness, then I don't want that. I want her to be herself. I want her to smile every day. And she could only do that with you." He sighed and caressed Becbec's head. "Take care of Freen, okay? After an hour, she would go out. And make sure to get her. Go get your girl. It's fine." He winked before running away.

Becbec turned to me as if she understood the situation. "Yes, baby. I will get your mommy later."