Chapter 7

A few days later, Freen received her acceptance letter to Nexus University. Deli was so proud of her niece, so she insisted on having a celebration and inviting all Freen's senior high school classmates, including Richie. Of course, Richie was one of the invitees. Deli couldn't wait to see Richie, even though they had been seeing each other whenever Richie picked up Freen and brought her home.

"Aunt, I told you, I don't need a party," Freen pouted as she clung to her aunt's arms. "Please reconsider."

"No, I've already arranged for a buffet and everything is set. All you have to do is enjoy, and let me handle everything, okay?" Deli patted Freen's shoulder and called the caterer, ensuring there would be a party for Freen later that night.

"I told you, I can't go tonight, Gulf. I have a party," Freen told her boyfriend on the other line.

"Why? Can you come here for just five minutes? My mom wants to meet you," he said.

"I'm sorry. I can't let my aunt handle the party alone. And this is my party, Gulf. Everyone will be here for me, not my aunt. So I should be here any minute," Freen explained. "Please, not tonight."

"But my mom's leaving tomorrow," Gulf sighed. "Fine. Let's just meet tomorrow at the airport."

"Thanks." Freen hung up and closed her eyes as she hugged her phone.

Later, she would see Becky again. For sure, Richie would take her since their parents didn't like Becky being left alone in their house.

"Should I ask Gulf what Becky said last time?" Freen asked. Ever since that day, Freen refused every time Richie would invite her to their house. She didn't want to see Becky. She didn't know why she wanted her out of her life, but at the same time, she was missing her.

"Fudge! Hot chocolate fudge!" Freen buried her face in the pillow and screamed out. Now, she didn't know what to do to get that memory out of her mind.

However, she didn't know exactly what happened. She just remembered kissing Becky, and... she woke up all dressed up. It didn't mean that something really happened between them. Perhaps, it was only just a kiss.

"Yeah. I should think about it that way. It's just a kiss," Freen said. But as she remembered the hickeys on her chest, she realized that it was more than just a kiss. "Fudgeeee!"

"Freen? Are you okay? You've been screaming for almost half an hour!" Deli shouted outside her bedroom door.

"Yes, Auntie. I just want fudge." Freen chuckled awkwardly.

"I know what your 'fudge' means, little fella. Come out now, you have a visitor already." Deli knocked two times, and Freen almost jumped out of bed.

Already? But it was still two in the afternoon. She said that the party would start at 7:00 o'clock. They were too early.

"Who is it?" Freen ran downstairs and saw Becky and Richie sitting on the couch. She was taken aback and nodded. "Hello. Are you guys hungry?"

"No, actually, I came early to help your aunt." Richie stood up, and Deli smiled at him.

Freen gestured to her aunt and shook her head at Richie. "I could help her. You just sit there," she said and smiled.

"Why? Are you shy?" Deli teased her.

"Aunt, he's not my boyfriend and will never be, okay?" Freen whispered and helped her aunt go to the kitchen to prepare the plastic cups and plates.

"I would be very happy to see you in a relationship with him, you know? At least I know that you're in good hands. If you can't marry Richie, then marry someone like him. Trust me, you'll thank me after that." Deli winked at her.

"What if I don't like someone like him?" Freen asked and pouted.

Deli chuckled and pinched her cheeks gently. "I'm not forcing you. I just told you that I want you to be in good hands when I die."

"Aunt!" Freen scolded her. "There you go again. Don't say that anymore, okay? You're still here until my child has a child." She pouted and hugged her aunt tightly.

"Fine, fine. Let me go. We need to prepare the drinks too." Deli removed Freen's hand from her and went to the dining area.

Freen worried every time her aunt said those words. It was as if she already knew that her time was coming. She wanted her to go to the doctor, but she refused every time. She didn't know how to convince her.

At 7 pm, the party finally started, and Richie was still the center of attention even though it was Freen's party. She wasn't envious, though. She didn't like attention. And she liked it more to be just an ordinary college girl. If only she could unfriend Richie for being so popular, she would.

Freen went to the garden and sighed. She was drinking juice again because she was a lightweight. She wasn't lying when she said that to Richie. Freen couldn't drink liquor because of that.

"You're alone?" Becky asked.

"No, I'm with someone." Freen lied and rolled her eyes. "You see that I'm alone, right? Why are you asking?"

"Same old Freen the first time we met. You threw the tequila in the sink. How cruel is that?" Becky laughed and sat beside her.

"Why are you here anyway? Aren't you enjoying the party?" Freen asked her.

"Too loud. I want some peace for a while," she said and looked at Freen who was looking at the stars. "It's beautiful." Becky whispered.

"Yeah. They are," Freen said under her breath.

"No, your face is too beautiful. How can you do that?" Becky asked, causing Freen to furrow her brows and look at her.

"Are you drunk?" Freen asked and rolled her eyes.

"Of course, not." She chuckled and looked at the sky too.

Suddenly, Freen's phone rang, and it was Gulf. He was trying to persuade her again to go to his house for his mother.

"I told you, Gulf. I need to be here. We already talked about this earlier, right?" Freen asked in frustration. "No, I can't go. Goodbye."

Becky chuckled the moment Freen hung up the phone.

"Why are you laughing?" Freen asked.

"Nothing. Boys will always be boys." Becky drank the tequila in her plastic cup and leaned on Freen's shoulder. "I heard Gulf talking to her mother last time. She already left."

"What do you mean?" Freen asked.

"Gulf wants you to go to his house because of something. Can't you feel it?" Becky asked and looked at Freen with a smirk. "He wants to sleep with you. Sadly, you don't like boys." Becky traced Freen's collarbone, and her fingers went to her cheeks.

"You're drunk, Becky." Freen removed her hands from her, but Becky put them back, and this time, she straddled Freen. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Don't go to his house at night. You'll regret it," she said and leaned in to kiss Freen again, but she covered Becky's mouth.

"I have a boyfriend, Becky. If in London, you can kiss anyone even when you're not in a relationship. Then it's different here." Freen moved Becky to sit beside her and stood up. "This is the last time we'll talk about this. I don't want to see you again."