Chapter 14

Freen cried her heart out in her room. What would happen now? After seeing them together, she thought she could accept it, but the feeling of betrayal lingered within her. She couldn't just erase their image from her mind – Gulf kissing the girl, her arms around him. What the heck? Freen wanted to curse out loud, but she knew she had a neighbor, and she wasn't sure if their room was soundproof.

"Freen?" Becky knocked on her door, but she refused to answer. She didn't want to talk to anyone right now. She wanted to be alone and bear the pain alone. "Please open up. Richie told me that you didn't go to your class earlier."

Freen had enough and faced Becky. She pulled her inside and closed the door, pinning her against it. She didn't know exactly what she was doing, but an infuriating sensation filled her.

"Why do people want to taste different lips? Is it really addicting?" Freen asked Becky with a cold voice. "Tell me. Why do people kiss other people even though they are dating someone else? Why do people cheat, Becky? Tell me!" She yelled at her.

"I asked the same question too, Freen. So, I don't know how to answer you," she said.

"Bullshit!" Freen banged the wall dismissively. "I can't think properly. I trust him so much. I even apologize every time I doubted him."

"It's his choice, Freen. Let him. Show him that you deserve the best," Becky suggested. She knew it wasn't the right time for any suggestions, but she didn't know what to say to make Freen feel better.

Freen looked at Becky standing behind her. She stared at her lips for a moment before treading towards her and pulling her nape for a kiss. Becky was surprised at what Freen did, causing her eyes to widen. She tried to push her, but Freen pinned her again on the wall. Freen devoured her mouth, and she couldn't do anything but respond.

Freen's kisses were addicting. They were passionate, although she was angry. Her lips were soft and gentle. It was as if Becky was a fragile woman.

"Freen..." Becky pushed her for a while and chased her breath. "What are you doing?"

"I want to know if after this, I would be guilty again," she said and sighed.

Becky only nodded and guided Freen to sit on the bed. She looked at the wall clock, and it was already 7 pm.

"I heard you haven't been sleeping well," Becky murmured as she helped Freen lie down and calmed herself. She had been overthinking for the past days because of her boyfriend. "This is what you want, right? To break up with him. Just think that you two are quits." She smiled as she caressed Freen's hair.

"He cheated on me multiple times, Becky. While I was so in love with him, he was out there sleeping with another woman." Freen's eyes started to fill up again.

"Shush." Becky calmed her down once again and looked at her with a slight smile. "It's his loss, Freen. From now on, you're free from him. You're no longer the cheater's girlfriend, and you don't owe him anything, so don't be eaten by your guilt."

Freen looked at the ceiling and slowly closed her eyes. Becky stayed with her, but she still couldn't sleep.

"Why?" Becky asked with a chuckle.

"Sing for me. Do you know how to sing?" Freen looked at her with sad eyes.

"I'm not a good singer, but I'll try. Close your eyes. I will sing for you," Becky said and caressed her hair once more.

"I look at you, you make me blind. Why do you have to be so beautiful all the time?" Becky sang.

"I know I can't be with you. It's killing me to see you with someone else. What to do?" Becky's voice cracked when she heard someone on Freen's door.

Since Freen was already asleep, she stood up and opened the door. As she slowly twisted the knob and opened it, she saw a familiar face. No—a face she wouldn't forget.

"Engfa?" she asked.

"Becky? Why are you here?" Engfa asked and furrowed her brows. She tried to look inside, but Becky pushed her outside and closed the door so they wouldn't wake Freen up.

"Why are you knocking at Freen's room?" Becky asked after pulling her into the hallway. "Don't tell me you're pursuing her?"

"Don't misunderstand me, Bec. After all this time, the information you knew was a misunderstanding on your side." Engfa tried to explain.

"The information I knew was that you're a girlfriend's stealer, and that is a fact. What happened to your affair with Charlotte, and why are you here knocking at Freen's door?" Becky asked.

"Becky, can you please calm down first? First of all, I didn't steal Charlotte from you. Second, I didn't know you know Freen. She's my neighbor." Engfa pointed at her door. "That's my room, and our balconies are just a wall away. She opened up to me about her boyfriend, so I helped her."

"Helped her in what way?" Becky asked again. "By making her see how Gulf was cheating on her? By making her overthink again what was wrong with her, why Gulf cheated? You only hurt her feelings more."

"I'm not like you, Rebecca!" Engfa's voice rose. "If you want Freen to suffer slowly, then I am not that kind of person. It's better for her to know the truth at once than making her overthink every night."

Becky fell silent, for Engfa had a point. She didn't think about that. Yes, she knew that Gulf was cheating and it was obvious. When they went to the drug testing area, they passed Gulf, and she saw him talking to the girl, holding her hand. Freen didn't see it because it was on the other side, and she needed to focus on driving. Second, in the cafeteria. She saw Gulf bringing another woman, different from the previous one, to the first counter, that's why she pulled Freen to the second counter so she wouldn't see Gulf. She was guilty. If only she told Freen what she knew, her pain wouldn't be this excruciating.

"And Becky," Engfa called her name. "I didn't steal Charlotte. She was my girlfriend before she went to London. Before you met her. I could say that you're the one who stole her, but since you didn't know she had a girlfriend in another country, I can't blame you. I didn't blame you, Becky. In case you want proof, I can show you." Engfa was about to bring out her phone when Becky stopped her.

"It's enough. I don't want to hear anything about Charlotte again. I'm here for Freen. And from now on, I will focus on her," she said.

"I hope you're not mad at me anymore. I'm not here to flirt with Freen or anything. If you like her, I don't care. I'm just being friendly to her because I know what it feels like to be cheated," Engfa explained.

"I knew too. But the difference between us is that you're strong enough to face and overcome the pain. Sorry if I wasn't like that," Becky sighed. "I'll go back. Thank you for the clarification." She walked back and was about to twist the knob when Engfa grabbed her arms.

"In case you want to stay in my room to look after Freen. You can," Engfa said and handed her the spare keys. "I don't know if you have a chance with her, but I know you can take care of her like you did with Charlotte."

Becky accepted the keys, and Engfa entered her room.