Chapter 32

Freen returned to the dining area and apologized for her earlier behavior. Deli smiled and gracefully excused herself, leaving Freen alone with Felix, her father.

Felix smiled at Freen and sighed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have meddled in your life. I know I've been a bad father for leaving you, but I want you to know that I love you so much."

"What about Mom?" Freen asked. "Did you love her?"

"Of course, I did. We separated because we knew we were just hurting each other. We tried, but it didn't work out. That's why I married someone else. I thought your mom had moved on. But then I found out she's ill. It was too late, Freen. I was too late to come back." Felix swallowed the lump in his throat, not wanting Freen to see him cry. "I divorced my new wife and wanted to get you, but I couldn't face your aunt. That's why when she told me that she already forgave me, I told her that I wanted to be a father to you now. I'm sorry, Freen. I hope I wasn't late this time."

"I hate late people, Dad." Freen sighed. "And you're not."

Felix smiled and pulled Freen into a tight hug, thanking his daughter for being understanding. He never expected her to be this way.

Meanwhile, Becky and Deli observed the scene from afar. They smiled and chuckled when they saw each other's reactions.

"I've been wanting to reconcile them. Since I'm leaving, I want Freen to have a guardian." Deli opened up.

"Where are you going?" Becky asked curiously.

"Somewhere far. I can't tell you. But when the time comes, I will tell Freen. She should know," Deli said and sighed. "The last thing I want to do is to see her dating your brother, Becky. Richie is a good partner for her. Ever since they were kids, I saw how caring Richie is to her, even though she's sometimes annoying. I can rest properly seeing them together. Don't you think they are a great match?" Deli turned to Becky.

Becky smiled sadly and nodded. "Yes. But we can't force Freen to love someone."

"Freen liked Richie when they were little. They even promised to marry each other if they turned 30 and were both single." Deli chuckled, not knowing that Becky was hurting.

Becky couldn't tell Deli that she was pursuing Freen. She was scared that Deli would be mad at her because Freen's future was set by her. And the bitter fact was that Becky wasn't a part of it, even though she wanted to be.

"You guys okay there?" Freen asked and chuckled at the two.

Becky nodded as Deli approached her niece. She felt out of place now. Her status was now a friend who appreciates Freen. If only she weren't a woman, perhaps loving Freen wouldn't be a sin.

After dinner, Deli cleaned the table while Freen and Becky went to Freen's room. Freen took a quick bath, leaving Becky thinking about what Deli had said. She still couldn't move on. How could she pursue Freen more if Freen's guardian liked someone else for her?

Freen came out of the bath and saw Becky looking at the sky on her balcony. She smiled and gently hugged her from behind. Becky turned and chuckled at Freen.

"What are you thinking?" Freen asked and made her turn so she could kiss her forehead. "What's bothering you, babe?" She mimicked Becky's accent a while ago.

"Nothing. Just tired." Becky answered and looked at Freen in the eyes while they were still hugging. She thought that maybe in the process, Deli would learn to accept their love. For now, she would let Freen choose whoever she wanted to be with because she knew that in the end, Freen would choose her.

"Did I tell you how much I like you?" Becky asked and traced Freen's lips.

"Yes," Freen replied and gave her a peck. "Let's sleep now. I'm tired."

"Go ahead. I'm still thinking." Becky motioned for Freen to go back, but Freen refused. She wanted to take Becky and cuddle with her.

"Did you talk about something with my aunt?" Freen asked and pouted. "After I saw you two talking, you became silent. What did you talk about?"

"Nothing. She's just glad that you and your father are okay now." Becky shook her head and pulled Freen inside.

When they went to bed, Freen sat on the edge and pulled Becky to sit on her lap. She giggled and gave her a gentle and delicate kiss. She missed her so much.

"Do you want to know what happened while I was gone?" Freen asked and cupped her both cheeks while giving little kisses on her chin.

"I know what happened. I have eyes there." Becky chuckled and stood up. She pushed Freen to lie on the bed and went on top of her. "I saw Love in the hospital. I asked her to give you my contacts and a ticket for a movie tomorrow."

"Those are from you?" Freen asked.

Becky rolled her eyes and closed the gap between their faces. "Yes. And you didn't accept it, so I have to punish you." Becky kissed Freen's neck.

Freen couldn't focus at all because of Becky's actions. But Love told her that it was from Becky. If she knew that it was from Becky, she would definitely accept it.

Suddenly, she felt Becky pulling the tie of her robe, and she looked at her with furrowed brows.

"The door isn't locked." Freen warned Becky.

"No problem." Becky shrugged and stood up to lock the door, but it was already locked. Freen tricked her. When she turned around, Freen pulled her and lie her on the bed. "You sly!"

"Shh." Freen placed her index finger on Becky's lips to silence her. "My room isn't soundproof. So, contain your moans while I do the actions, okay?" Freen smirked and started to kiss Becky aggressively.