Chapter 57

"Wait, slow down. I can't understand. Who is Milk?" Irin asked through the phone. Since I was so bored, I stayed in my room and told Milk that I wasn't feeling well, which is why I couldn't go to the wine shop. Instead, I talked to Irin.

"She's my neighbor. And the owner of the wine shop I'm working in," I repeated. "The point is, I don't know how to assure Freen that I love her so much!" I exclaimed.

"That sounds mushy, Bec. I don't want to hear that again," she said and sighed. "But you know what, the only way to give her assurance is to give your relationship a label."

"But what if she leaves me again?" I pouted, although she couldn't see it. "Ugh, Irin. I don't know what to do. To be honest, I really want to forgive her—no, I already forgave her, I just didn't say it."

"Now, I can't understand you again." I could sense Irin rolling her eyes right now. "First, you need to stay away from Milk. Quit your job and find another one. Second, move to Freen's house. Third, visit Freen at her company often to show her that you support her. Fourth, stop being mushy, okay?" She exclaimed and I laughed.

"Okay," I said and chuckled again. "First, I'm not the one who's clinging to her. And what job? I only know wine. Second, I can't. I have my own place and I'm afraid that if I stayed at her house, something will happen. Third, wouldn't I look like a nuisance then? And also, her employees would wonder. It's only been a week since the wedding was canceled and now she has a girlfriend?" I sighed and lay on my bed. "Damn, Irin. I badly need advice."

"Shut up. Go back here and let Freen chase you here, that's my advice!" She hung up the phone, causing me to chuckle once again.

I looked at the ceiling and shook my head. Damn, what should I do now? I'm fucking bored.

A text message popped on my phone, causing me to roll over and look at who it was from. It was from Freen, she told me that she wouldn't be staying at night because she needed to do something. Should I visit her in her office? Wouldn't she be mad? I guess not.

***

I went to the company and most people were staring at me. I didn't know if there was something wrong with my face or the way I dressed.

"Where's the CEO's office?" I asked the first person I saw in the building. "I have an appointment with her."

"Then you should ask her secretary. You can wait for her secretary in the lobby." The girl smiled at me and excused herself.

I went to the lobby and messaged Freen that I was here, but she didn't respond so I looked around until I reached the top floor. There was only one door there and it was open, so I peeked through it to surprise her, but I was the one who got surprised.

Freen's new secretary was the girl from the province. The woman who liked her so much, and right now she was talking to Freen with glistening eyes. She was so happy and vibrant as Freen talked to her, although Freen looked nonchalant.

"Miss Freen, this is from the Marketing Team." Love handed her a folder. She was smiling from ear to ear when their hands touched.

"Go back to your seat. You're too close," Freen said and motioned for her to move a bit, which she did. "Also, make a coffee for me."

Love nodded cheerfully and went outside, causing her to bump into me. I was drifting away that I didn't notice that she was at the door.

"Becky?" Freen stood up and hurriedly ran towards me to check if I had a bruise or something since I was hit by the door. "Come here, take a seat." Freen helped me sit in her swivel chair and looked at my forehead.

I noticed Love looking at us with furrowed brows. Perhaps she thought that I let Freen go before. I remember the time when I asked her to give something to Freen, yet she said that it was from her. The contact number and the tickets. If only Freen knew that it was from me, she would definitely accept it.

"I didn't know she's your new secretary," I mentioned.

Freen looked at me. "You still know her?" she asked.

"Of course," I smiled bitterly. "She liked you so much before."

"I asked her if she likes working here or if she's just working here to see me, and she said she wants to work here so I let her." Freen sighed. "Even though she said that she likes me, I couldn't do anything. The Chairman personally hired her for unknown reasons. Like connections, you know?"

"Should I be worried?" I asked and tilted my head. "About you and Love?"

"No," she said and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "I'm looking for a reason to fire her or transfer her to another department." Freen tucked the remaining hair on my face and looked into my eyes intently.

"I'm going home. I just checked if you're doing okay," I said and caressed her cheek, and was about to stand up when Freen pushed me gently back into her chair and smiled sheepishly.

"What about you come home with me? To my place. Just one night. I'll cook something for you. A dinner date, how about that?" Freen asked.

"I thought you had important work to do?" I raised my brows. "I'll pass for now."

"But I won't take 'no' for an answer." Freen pouted and kissed my nose. "Please?"

"Fine."