Chapter 62

Freen rolled her eyes and gathered her clothes before motioning for me to open the door. I didn't swing it wide since she was still dressing. I smiled at the helmsman, but he furrowed his brows at me.

"Where's Ma'am Freen? This is her cabin, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, she's inside. We're sharing the cabin," I explained, but his expression remained unchanged. "It's not your concern who she was sleeping with, Mister," I emphasized.

"But the Chairman asked me to look after her and report everything she was doing." The helmsman sighed and tried to peer inside. "Where is she? And what's your relationship with Miss Freen?"

"She's my sister," I said, chuckling. "We've been friends since college and we're just catching up. She's practically my sister. Right, sis?" I laughed, glancing at Freen, who stood with her arms crossed, raising her middle finger at me, clearly irritated by my choice of words.

"Okay, but please tell Miss Freen that she has a dinner meeting with an investor at the hotel." The helmsman excused himself and left, so I locked the door and turned to the sulking figure in the corner.

"Do you know the word 'latibulating'?" I asked, laughing as I looked at her.

"Is that a word for sisters who kiss and...?" Freen paused, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"That's what you're doing right now," I chuckled, walking over to her and pulling her close by her waist. "Why are you mad? What should I tell the helmsman? That you're my girlfriend?"

"Why not?" She rolled her eyes.

I gave her a quick peck on the lips, and she softened slightly, returning the kiss.

"Later, you have a dinner meeting with an investor. Did you know about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, the chairman just messaged me. I thought there was no signal here, so I thought I could escape." She sighed, helping me organize our things.

Freen fell silent as we packed, lost in thought. Did she truly want this job? Her actions seemed to suggest otherwise. Was she trying to escape the situation, or did she simply want our relationship to be known?

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll just take a shower," she said, grabbing her robe.

I let her be, but she ignored me for the rest of the day. When the dinner meeting arrived, I didn't join her. I sat at another table, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"So, you're Freen Sarocha Chankimha?" The girl smiled at her, clearly mesmerized by Freen, who sat there with her usual, makeup-free appearance.

"Yes, nice to meet you," Freen replied, shaking her hand as they sat down.

The waiter handed them menus, but the girl continued to stare at Freen as if memorizing every feature of her face.

"I'll sign the contract," the girl said, smiling. "If I'm going to work with you in the future, I'll sign the contract now."

"I have to discuss first what—" Freen began, but the girl interrupted her, motioning for her to order food.

"You don't have to. Just order," the girl insisted, gazing at Freen intently.

Freen remained professional despite the girl's obvious interest. She called the waiter and placed their order before excusing herself to come to my table.

"You okay here?" she asked, kissing me on the lips, while the girl watched. "I'll finish the meeting, then we'll go back to the cabin, okay?"

I nodded slowly, surprised by her sudden affection. She returned to the girl, and they smiled at each other, but the girl left without signing the contract. It was clear she was smitten with Freen.

Freen watched her leave, then smiled at me, mouthing "I love you."

***

"Freen!" I giggled as she pushed me onto the bed and straddled me. She wasn't intoxicated, but her demeanor was unusually passionate. "You're not rushing things, are you?" I teased.

"If I could marry you right now, I would," Freen replied, kissing me with fervor.

She discarded my blazer, tossing it aside, then gazed at me with intensity. "How come you're always beautiful in my eyes?"

Freen kissed me hungrily, igniting a wave of excitement within me. My heart swelled at the thought of her proudly displaying affection for me, even in public. It was evident that I was no longer a secret; she was ready for our relationship.

"Freen," I murmured as she trailed kisses down my neck. "Thank you."

"Hm?" She furrowed her brows, meeting my gaze. "For what?"

"Just thank you," I said, smiling.

"If you're really thankful, then let me reward you properly," she grinned, capturing my lips once more in a passionate kiss.

---

This is cut because wattpad isn't wattpading anymore. 😔
- vivaciousgeek