Chapter 1

- Michiko's POV -

"Sarutobi Michiko, I'm gonna ask you one more time. Did you break the vase?" Kaa-san (Mum) glared at me while asking. She had make me and Nii-chan (Elder Brother) kneeled on the floor.

I was trying out a new jutsu and before I realized it, it hit the shelf that held the vase, and it shattered from the impact of my jutsu. Apparently the vase was passed down from generation to generation. When the vase broke, I got really scared and asked Nii-chan for help. Before we return to the "crime of scene", Kaa-san was already back from grocery shopping and was flabbergasted at the sight of the broken vase.

"I... I'm..." Just before I was about to admit it was my fault, Nii-chan stopped me.

"Kaa-san, sumimasen. It was my fault. I accidentally hit that shelf and the vase just fell and broke. It's not Michiko's fault." Nii-chan apologized and explained. My eyes widened at his words and my tears are threatening to fall.

Kaa-san was eyeing Nii-chan with suspicion. She seems to know that I was the culprit. She wanted to say something but she stopped, and sighed.

"Asuma, it's good that you really dote your little sister, but it's not right to cover it up for her. And Michiko, one should be brave enough to admit their own mistakes. You want to become the best Kunoichi in the shinobi world, no?" Kaa-san frowned.

Both Nii-chan and I lowered our head. She's right. I should admit my own mistake.

"I'm sorry, Kaa-san. I was trying out my new jutsu outside but I lost control and it somehow came inside and hit that shelf. Please don't be angry with Nii-chan. It's all my fault." I looked up at her with teary eyes.

Kaa-san looked at the both of us for a moment, and then she smiled. She patted our heads and said, "Good. You should learn from your mistakes and make sure you don't repeat them again. That's how you can make yourself a better person alright?"

"Hai!" Both Nii-chan and I replied in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~
- 3rd Person POV -

After that incident, Asuma will always accompany Michiko to the forest behind their house for training. Soon enough, it was time for them to enter the Ninja Academy, or Academy in short.

- Entrance Ceremony -

Asuma and Michiko went to the Academy by themselves. There were a lot of, well, students who gathered outside of the Academy. Asuma and Michiko were standing in the first row. Asuma started chatting with the girl beside him, named Yuuhi Kurenai. Michiko greeted her and continue observing her surroundings.

A spiky silver hair boy with dark grey eyes wearing a mask that covers the lower part of his face caught Michiko's attention. The first thought that comes to her mind was: what a weird guy. He's the only one with mask, for whatever reason, and his hair was pretty outstanding as well. Somehow Michiko likes those dead-fish eyes of his. Shrugging the thought off, Michiko continued to scan her surroundings.

And then there came a boy, with black eyes and short, spiky, black hair. What attracted her attention was his pair of goggles with orange lenses connected to ear protectors. He was wearing a long sleeved blue uniform and a blue jacket with an orange collar and trimmings. He was looking around, and he looked lonely. Michiko decided to talk to this boy and so she went towards him. Asuma was busy chatting with Kurenai and he didn't realized that his little sister had walked away.

"Hi! I'm Sarutobi Michiko, nice to meet you. What's your name?" Michiko greeted the boy in a cheerful way. She extended a hand for him to shake.

The boy seems to be shy, but smiled anyway. "I-I'm Uchiha Obito. Nice to meet you too." Obito shook hands with Michiko. After that, Michiko grabbed his hand and pulled him along, returning to standing beside Asuma. The two started chatting, with Michiko asking Obito tonnes of questions. Obito started blushing as he realized that Michiko was still holding his hand.

"Obito, are you alright? Why is your face so red?" Michiko asked, using her free hand to poke his cheek. "I-I'm fine, r-really." Obito stammered as he gazed down at their hands. Following his gaze, Michiko realizes that they're still holding hands and she gently let go of it. "Ah, I'm sorry!" Michiko laughed apologetically. Obito simply shook his head, but when Michiko let go of his hand, some part of him felt kind of... Sad. He shook off that thought as Michiko bombed him with lots of questions again.

After awhile later, the ceremony ended and all of them went into classroom. Asuma and Kurenai sat together, behind Michiko. Michiko sat in between Obito and a girl named Nohara Rin. The three of them started chatting and they ended up becoming good friends.

It's been a few months since then, and Michiko has been acing every single assessment, emerging as the top student. However, she's not alone. There'll always be two top students whenever there's assessment. One of them being Michiko, and another one, of course is Kakashi. Michiko was rather impressed and before she knew it, Kakashi is always on her mind. Whenever someone talked to her about how smart and strong she is, she'll always think the same of Kakashi. And what she didn't know was that Kakashi noticed her as well.

Another thing that caught Kakashi's attention was... Kakashi, being the "most popular guy" in class, always having girls swooning over him. Michiko is the only girl that doesn't really "fangirl" over him or being annoying like others. That's why Kakashi find her rather interesting, and has been keeping his eye on her ever since.

Not to mention, the both of them rarely have a chance to converse with one another.

Obito often caught Michiko staring at Kakashi, which makes him feel jealous. He's really fond of Michiko as she was the first person to approach him with a smile. Her smile makes him happy.

Time flies and before they realized it, Michiko and Kakashi had graduated from the Academy, earlier than their batch. They were only 5 when they graduated.

Also, they are recommended to take the Chuunin exams the following year. And so, both of them started their own training to get stronger. That's when they started to interact with one another.

(To be continued...)
------------------------------------------------------

A/N: well this is like an introduction which I think I messed it up. I should try to include fighting scenes to make it more interesting? I'll try to increase the interactions between them as well >.< sorry if this is bad. I'll try to write a good one for the next chapter.