Side Story 5 (Part 3)

"I guess you've forgotten. Well... My lover was killed by you 5 years ago while on a mission. I tried seeking revenge but I failed. You told me I should carry on with my own life. She could have lived. Just because you're cold-blooded Kakashi... YOU KILLED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! She could have lived..." The caster cried out.

"Are you the one who did something to her memory?" Kakashi asked, with a hint of anger in his tone.

"Hah, I guess you could say that. Isn't it fun to have your lover forget about you? And all the memories you shared." He smirked.

Michiko tightened her grip on the kunai, and unknowingly dig deeper into his skin, causing crimson liquid to flow out.

"What did you do to me?"

"Hmph. I'd say I masked my presence well didn't I? I was following you when you entered the forest. I took you out with a special needle of mine before using one of my ninjutsu to block out all your memories of Hatake Kakashi. Of course all of these happened within a minute, so you won't remember a thing about it."

Michiko clenched her fist, and the kunai went even deeper, causing more blood to flow out.

"Michiko." Kakashi called out. She looked up and the moment her eyes met Kakashi's, her grip on the kunai loosened a little.

"Undo your ninjutsu. Right now." Michiko demanded.

"What makes you think I'd do as you say. I've nothing to lose now. So it doesn't matter even if you kill me right here right now."

Michiko and Kakashi remained silent. What he said was true. If he has nothing to lose, there's nothing they can do to force him to undo his ninjutsu. The two of them tied him up to a tree and stood a distance away from him before discussing what to do next.

"Should we bring him back to the village?" Michiko asked.

"Hmmm... We could get Inoichi-san to look into his head. Maybe we could find the way to undo the jutsu."

"We can check if he has gotten any sensitive information too."

"Yeah, let's bring him-"

Before Kakashi could finish, Michiko pushed him aside and some needles landed on Michiko's neck.

Michiko's legs went weak and she fell to the ground. Kakashi rushed to Michiko before she took out the needles and some black substances on it. The caster seemed a little taken aback when Michiko fell.

"Damn it. The needles are poisoned. Argh!" Michiko was slipping in and out of consciousness and Kakashi was holding and supporting her. Her lips were turning purple gradually.

"Why did you do that?" The caster asked, not looking at the two of them. "You forgot about him, didn't you? So why did you took the attack for him?"

"E-Even if I do not remember who he was, I can trust my own heart, right? E-Even if I do not remember him, my heart tells me that I love this person. A-And I'd give it my all to protect the ones I love." Michiko smiled, tightening her grip on Kakashi's hand. Kakashi squeezes her hand back and held her close.

"Baka." Kakashi muttered, but Michiko can hear him clearly.

The caster remained silent. After a good minute, he began laughing hysterically.

"W-What's... so funny?" Michiko asked weakly.

"Trust your heart huh. So even if there are no memories, you still love him, don't you? Hahahaha... If only... If only she's still alive... You're just like her..." He sobbed.

"I'm... sorry... for your lost... but you've... got to... move on..." With that, Michiko passed out.

"Michiko! Stay with me. Michiko!"

"There's antidote in my left pocket."

"... What makes you think I'll believe you?"

"The person I wanted to kill was you, not her. Give her the antidote or she'll be gone in another few minutes."

Kakashi was struggling whether to trust him or not, but looking at the situation, it was a gamble he has to take. Kakashi gently laid Michiko on the ground and rushed to take the antidote from the caster and gave it to Michiko.

Come on, Michiko... Come on...

After a few moments, her lips gradually returned to the original colour and Michiko woke up.

"Michiko, are you alright?"

Michiko got up slowly as she touched her neck where the needles hit her previously.

"I'm feeling slightly better I guess..." Michiko smiled at Kakashi before turning to the caster.

"Have to thank you, I guess." Michiko smiled a little.

"Untie me. ........ I'll undo the jutsu."

"Eh?"

"I'll undo the jutsu."

"Why did you change your mind?" Michiko stood up with the help of Kakashi.

"What I did was futile. There's no point in making you forgetting Hatake Kakashi anymore." He sighed in defeat.

Kakashi was wondering if he should trust him when Michiko already went to the tree to untie him.

"Michiko..."

Michiko turned to Kakashi and smile, giving him assurance.

I think this guy can be trusted... Michiko thought to herself. Kakashi, as if reading her mind, just let her do what she wants.

After he was untied, he kept his promise and undid the jutsu. Michiko could not believe that she actually forgot about Kakashi.

"Go. Leave this place and never come back again." Michiko said.

Kakashi and the caster were surprised by what she said. The caster was hesitating when Kakashi told him to leave as well. He sighed, muttered a sorry and thank you to Michiko and left.

"I'm sorry, Kakashi."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I can't believe I forgot about you." Michiko sighed.

"It's not your fault. Besides, now you remember, don't you?" Kakashi smiled as he walked towards Michiko and wrapped his arms around her. "Actually I'm kind of glad that this happened."

Michiko shifted his hands away and turned around. "Why?"

"Because..." Kakashi paused as he pulled Michiko towards him. "I get to know the fact that even if you don't remember me, you still love me." He kissed her head.

Michiko hugged him as she rest her head against his chest.

"Baka." Michiko uttered. The two of them smiled as they enjoyed their embrace for a little while more before heading back to Konoha.