Chapter 39

A/N: Sorry for the late update!
------------------------------------------------------
- Flashback -

A series of shrewd laughter, coming from the white-haired man peeking at women in the bath, was heard.

"I've got a shot! Nice, very nice! The village of Konoha is so nice! Most of them are hot!"

"You still do those foolish things?"

"I'm gathering data, after all. Homura-occhan and Koharu-sensei, eh? " Jiraiya paused before turning around. "What do the advisors want from me?" Jiraiya put his telescope down as he asked.

"What do we want? You should already know without us telling you." Homura replied. Jiraiya stood up and turned around, looking at the two.

"You don't have to look so serious. The talks with Suna went well, right?"

"Sunagakure has publicly stated that Orochimaru set them up. Also, they have surrendered to Konoha, so that topic is no longer relevant." Homura answered.

"Konoha had no choice other than to accept their surrender in order for us to revive our power." Koharu added.

"But Konohagakure's power has declined enormously. In this situation, we must prioritize preparations for worse situations."

"We do not know when a neighbouring country may do something radical. So, until the village's power is restored, we have decided to gather the top people from each squad and assemble an emergency executive committee to deal with this problem. But first..." Koharu paused. "We need a trustworthy and strong leader. There are many problems right now. It's not just about Orochimaru."

"You didn't have to waste your time reporting such things to me." Jiraiya scratched his head before taking out his telescope again. "I'm going to resume my research now."

"Let me tell you the one basic thing we have all agreed on. We need a Godaime Hokage as soon as possible."

"And just yesterday, at the emergency meeting with the Country of Fire's Daimyo... Jiraiya, you were chosen." Koharu break the news, expectedly.

"Unfortunately, I'm not very well suited for that."

"It has already been decided. Also, if you, the shinobi praised as one of the Sannin, is not suited for this, then who is?" Homura asked.

Jiraiya turned around and raised his hand. "There's one other Sannin." Jiraiya smiled. "Tsunade."

The two elders looked at each other before turning back to Jiraiya.

"It's true that she may be capable of it, but we have no idea where she is."

"I'll find her. You have no problem with that, right?"

"But..."

"The witty Tsunade is better suited for the job than a lazy person like me. What is your decision?"

The two elders looked down as they considered Jiraiya's proposal.

"Okay. We will take that into consideration. But I will make three Anbu members accompany you on your search for Tsunade." said Homra.

"Don't worry, I won't run away. Sending people to watch over me will only be a bother. However... there's one guy I want to take with me on this journey. I found an interesting egg." Jiraiya smirked.

The two elders left after Jiraiya told them who the person was.

Just as he was about to continue with his "research"...

"Do you think Tsunade-sama is willing to return to the village and become the Godaime Hokage?"

Jiraiya sighed inaudibly, making sure the person who spoke does not hear him.