Chapter 4

The day Team Minato gets their first Mission.

- Michiko's POV -

I woke up before the alarm rang, again. It's my first mission for the team and I must ensure that it's gonna be a success. After washing up, I head outside to see Nii-chan sitting at the dining table.

"Ohaiyo, Nii-chan!" I ran towards him and gave him a big hug. I'm not sure why but I really love hugging Nii-chan. Being with Nii-chan gives me a sense of security and warmth.

"Ohaiyo!" Nii-chan smiled and returned my hug, and patted my head. I grinned at him before taking a sit beside him. Kaa-san had prepared breakfast for us. The three of us were happily chatting and eating.

It was Nii-chan's first mission as well. The two of us headed out together before joining up with our respective teams. I was skipping my way to the rendezvous point, highly anticipating the mission that we're gonna get. As usual, I was the first one to reach.

When I was getting all excited for the mission, I was wondering if Kakashi felt the same too. I mean, usually he looks like he's bored and lazy. Those dead-fish eyes of his... Well, I actually find them pretty cute. I'm not sure why but I really love his eyes.

I first started noticing him when we're in the Academy. The two of us always top the class for all the assessments. He's really smart and strong! All the girls seemed to find him cool and attractive, and were always fangirling over him. For me, I'm just impressed with his skills.

I felt really delighted and excited when the two of us started training together. We're the only ones who graduated ahead of others, and they have yet to assign a Jounin leader to us. I guess it's exceptional that they recommended some of us to take the Chuunin exams before we even have someone to train us. Well, guess it's only just this time. Who knows the two of us actually make it through the exams. And we were Chuunins before we knew it.

I love training with Kakashi. He's an excellent training partner I would say. Not to mention I love the feeling of being around him. Sometimes my heart beat really fast when I get really close to him. I'm not sure why I'm feeling this though. But I'm pretty sure I wanna be around him for as long as I can. I can't really imagine training without him, just like I can't imagine my life without my Nii-chan. No, I don't wanna imagine that.

- Kakashi's POV -

The alarm rang. I got up slowly before turning off the alarm.

Oh, that's right. Today is the day we're supposed to have our first mission. I wonder what mission we're gonna get.

I went into the bathroom to wash up. Splashing water onto my face, I looked up and stared at my reflection. After staring blankly at myself for a minute, I went to the kitchen to grab some food. Finishing them, I went back to the bathroom, staring at my own reflection, again.

I pulled up my mask, covering the lower half of my face. Then, I tied the forehead protector around my forehead (A/N: LOL that sounded kinda funny). Checking to make sure I have all my ninja tools with me, I'm good to go.

As I was walking to the place we're supposed to meet, I wondered if Michiko's gonna be the first to reach again. She tends to get pretty excited for this kind of things.

Ever since when we're in the Academy, whenever we have assessments, Michiko had always did really well, along with me. The two of us will get the best result among the others. That's when I started noticing her. And before I know it, my gaze will follow her wherever she is, and my thoughts will always be about her. Guess I'm quite fond of smart people.

I remember there's this one time, when I was practicing my Chidori, she came over to me. I was pretty surprised when she asked if I wanted to train with her. Why not? That's what I thought. I can test her skills myself. She should be a good training partner for me. I'm impressed that her taijutsu was pretty good. And from then on, the two of us often train together. I really enjoy training together with Michiko. Somehow my heart just... Feels peaceful. I like the feeling being around her.