Chapter 17

Kinoe and Yukimi were running on the rooftop with Kakashi and Michiko going after them. Kakashi had two kunai on his hands and he threw one of them at them. Kinoe carried Yukimi and jumped to dodge the kunai. Kakashi threw another one while they were in the air. It was difficult to avoid it in the air, and Yukimi turned into smoke and shifted their position slightly. They managed to dodge it.

Kinoe used Wood Style to stall Kakashi and Michiko while they make their escape. However, Kakashi and Michiko were fast and they continued to pursue the two.

"Stop! This girl is crucial in order to capture Orochimaru!" Kakashi yelled.

"Why?"

"Gotta said so before he died..."

When Yukimi heard what Kakashi said, she almost tripped and stopped running. But Kinoe grabbed her hand and told her to keep running.

Kakashi activated Chidori. "Kinoe... That's as far as you go!" He shouted, ready to attack.

Yukimi turned around and saw Kakashi coming. She pushed Kinoe away immediately.

"Yukimi-san!" Kinoe called out. However, Kakashi's Chidori was gone before he hit Yukimi. Yukimi was thrown a few feet away.

Kinoe readied a kunai in his hand, guarding Yukimi.

"Kinoe! Do you realise what you're doing?" Kakashi asked as he took out another kunai.

Kinoe answered him with an attack as he charged towards Kakashi. Michiko took this chance and run to Yukimi. Kinoe and Kakashi were too engrossed in the fight to notice it.

"Stop it, Kinoe! Will you break the rules like Orochimaru and betray the village?! Just for that girl?"

Michiko checked on Yukimi, and luckily she was not seriously injured. Yukimi had passed out from the impact. Michiko then turned her attention back to the two. Kinoe was attacking Kakashi while Kakashi keeps dodging the attacks. And he finally retaliates. The two held their kunai out in each other's face, but as Kakashi's hand is longer, the kunai was 1cm away from Kinoe's face.

"Why? Why does it have to be her?" Kinoe asked as he turned back slightly to look at Yukimi. He was shocked when he saw Michiko beside her.

"It seems that transfusing the blood of someone with that ability enables you to use the jutsu to become smoke for a short while. If that were true, it would make it very easy to slip across the border. However... That guy said they have to offer Orochimaru young Yukimi's blood, and he died." Kakashi explained.

"Orochimaru will definitely go to that village looking for that girl."

Michiko turned back to Yukimi as she heard a murmur. She helped Yukimi up and Yukimi immediately turned into smoke and got away.

"Yukimi!" Michiko shouted which caught the attention of the Kakashi and Kinoe.

"I think she overheard your conversation and she looks like she's gonna return to the village! We need to go after her!" Michiko said and the three went after Yukimi.

"If Yukimi's blood is taken with her body being unstable as it is..." Kinoe trailed off as they continued running.

"She's prepared to die..." Kakashi murmured loud enough to be heard.

"All I wanted to do... was to protect her. This time..."

"If that's the case, you didn't break the rules."

"Eh?"

"Let's go protect that girl... Tenzou!"

"Hai!"