Chapter 50 (Final)

Kakashi was discharged and he was currently in the Hokage Office, reporting on his previous mission with Michiko.

"So you met Kabuto on the mission and he blew up the entire underground lab while engaging the two of you?" Tsunade asked.

"Yes. He had an accomplice, but the two got away before we could find out who it is." Kakashi answered.

"And we did not see Orochimaru anywhere, so we are not sure if he is directly involved in this incident. There is also the possibility of Kabuto working behind his back." Michiko added.

"I got our specialists to analyse the data you have found. There is not much information available either. Kabuto must have erased all the important data. And now that the lab is gone, chances are most if not all physical evidence is gone. But I will send another team to look around just in case there is anything left behind."

"Hai. By the way, is there any news from the village after the incident?" Michiko asked.

"Oh yes. According to the Sonchou, the man named Kapu went missing after the incident. They believed he was working for the person who orchestrated this."

"Well, then he might be the one who attacked us and aided Kabuto's escape. If he is a shinobi, I would say he did well in concealing himself." Kakashi shrugged.

"Mah, these are just our conjectures. Without concrete evidence, there is nothing much we can do. Anyway, both of you did a good job for this mission."

"Hai!"

"Sad to say I can't afford to give you two a break just yet. Regarding your next mission..." Tsunade continued briefing them on their next mission.

For the next few days, Kakashi and Michiko were busy with different missions. Kakashi completed his mission half a day earlier than Michiko. After reporting to Tsunade, she got him to go to the rooftop, saying someone was waiting for him over there.

"Yo, looks like things have been pretty hectic for you."

"Jiraiya-sama... Well, yeah. You know Konoha's situation right now, so..."

"Mah mah, it has been quite chaotic. Anyway, remember what I told you at the hospital?"

"Yes, you said you will let me know when the time is near."

"Right. Naruto will officially be my disciple and I will be training him for the next two years. To make sure he is prepared for what will be coming for him."

"... I see. When will you be departing?"

"Tomorrow."

"Seems like he is going to get stronger again," Kakashi smiled.

"By the way..."

"Hai?"

"How are things going for you and Michiko?"

"Well... things are good for now. But I want to make sure she doesn't overthink things again. I am planning to propose to her but... I am still considering how I should go about doing it."

"Hoho, you're finally acting on it? Well done, kid." Jiraiya grinned as he smacked Kakashi's back.

"I can't let that slip since I heard it..." Tsunade laughed as she walked towards the two of them, with Shimizu walking behind her.

"Tsunade-sama..."

"Oh, Tsunade. Sounds like you have got a plan."

"Well I am lucky to stumble upon something good while taking a break from work," Tsunade stretched. "I do have an idea, but it depends on whether Kakashi is in for it," she smirked.