Chapter 46

Naruto called out Chishima's name and took out the shurikens for him.

"Hang on." Naruto told Chishima as Michiko came over. She asked Naruto to support Chishima as she took a kunai and slit his clothes to reveal the wounds on his back. Michiko quickly used her chakra to heal the wounds.

"Are you okay?" Chishima asked. "I'm glad."

Toki screamed Chishima's name once again.

"Toki-sama... I missed the days when we played together with Sagi-sama here." Chishima started reminiscing. "Back then, the Country of Bird was calm, kind and warm. Please change the Country of Bird back to the way it was then with your power, Toki-sama."

Michiko did not really want to interrupt him even though he was being a little too dramatic. Luckily the wound was not too deep and it does not require a lot of chakra to heal it. Michiko sighed and shook her head, which caused Naruto and Toki to think that Chishima is not going to make it.

"Naruto-san, please rescue Toki-sama... my friend..." Chishima extends his hand to Naruto, which he grabs it.

"Yeah, the Konoha ninja will complete anything they are asked to do."

"It's a promise. Must protect Toki-sama... At least Toki-sama..." Chishima tightened his grip.

"Nii-chan, you love her?"

"The ramen... was delicious."

"I will treat you again." Naruto smiled, eyes filling with tears.

"Thank you. Naruto...-san" Chishima gradually closes his eyes.

Wait a minute! The wounds inflicted by Houki were not fatal, so why is he... being so dramatic...? Michiko stared at Chishima, as she sweatdropped at the sight, thinking it is better not to stop him...

Naruto called Chishima, but getting no response from him. Toki could not believe that Chishima was gone, or so she thought.

Houki laughed as he silently watched them. "It just means that he was only a useful pawn in the end."

Naruto gently put Chishima down as he growled. "Shut up. He loved the Country of Bird very much. Very, very much. Don't talk ill about Chishima-san who tried to protect it with his life."

Eh? No Naruto, Chishima is still alive, really. He probably just passed out due to fatigue. Michiko was dying to tell them the truth but it was not a good time to do so.

Naruto wiped his tears as he gritted his teeth. "I will never forgive you!"

Houki laughed boisterously. "Forgive me? What can you do? Suiton: Daibakufu no Jutsu (Water Release: Giant Waterfall Technique)!"  Water was extended over a large scale, surges and rises up to several dozens of metres high. Then it streams down to the ground in one big cascade, much like a gigantic waterfall. Michiko brought Chishima to a safe place where Houki could not see them while Naruto was drowned by the gigantic waterfall.

After making sure Chishima is safe, Michiko dive into the water to search for Naruto.

Houki took a sword and pointed at Toki. "Unfortunately, I can't let you take revenge. As an act of mercy before you die, I will send you to where your father and brother are."

"I don't mind. Kill me."

"Oh? You give up easily."

"Everyone is dead. I am the only one left." Toki shivered. "Now that I can't even have revenge, I have no reason to live."

"You are a brave girl. Fine, I will grant that wish now. Die!" Houki used the tip of the sword to lift up Toki's chin as she teared.

Michiko was swimming around under the water to find Naruto when she finally saw him not far away. Michiko hurried to where he was and realised he was actually conscious. Michiko pointed upwards and Naruto nodded, and the both of them went up. A strong ripple was created when Naruto jumped out of the water and punched right into Houki's face. Michiko immediately went to where Toki was and untied her. Houki had retreated to the shore.