Chapter 24

"Ohh, my cute Tora-chan. I was so worried about you!" The Wife of the Country of Fire's Daimyo, Madam Shijimi cried out, as she rubbed her cheeks against her cat, Tora.

"That cat's getting what he deserves." Naruto gloated.

"No wonder he ran away..." Sakura added.

"Now then, Kakashi's Team 7 next mission will be... Hmmm..." The Third Hokage looked at the list of requests. "Babysitting Yojyu-sama's boy, grocery shopping at the neighbouring town, assisting in digging up potatoes at..."

"No! No thanks to all of those! I want to do a more exciting mission! Choose something else!" Naruto shouted as he did a big cross using his arms. Michiko chuckled, as she knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

"Idiot! You're still a novice ninja! Everyone needs to start with the easy missions to gain experience!" Iruka, who was sitting beside the Third Hokage, could not help but lectured Naruto.

"But, but...!" Before Naruto could finish, Michiko threw a kunai towards Naruto, and it flew right past his face, which ended up at the wall behind them.

"The next one won't miss." Michiko threatened with a smile. Naruto swallowed hard.

"But... we've only been doing dumb missions lately!" Naruto exclaimed. This time round, Kakashi knocked his head real hard and asked him to cut it out.

"Naruto! It looks like I need to explain to you what missions are." The Third Hokage said as Naruto was rubbing his head. The Third Hokage began explaining the different ranks of missions, and how they assigned it to different classes of ninjas.

"You have all become Genin just recently, so D-rank missions are best for you. Hmm?"

"I had tonkotsu ramen yesterday, so I'm going to eat miso ramen today." Naruto murmured as he had his back to the Third Hokage.

"Listen!" The Third Hokage yelled. Michiko sighed. This kid...

"I'm so sorry." Kakashi apologized.

Naruto turned around. "Ahh, ahh... You always lecture me like that, Jijiang. But I'm not the kid who used to pull pranks anymore!" And he turned around once more, pouting. The Third Hokage, Michiko and Iruka were smiling at his words.

"Okay, I understand. If you insist... I will allow you to take on a C-rank mission. It's to escort a certain person."

"Really? Who? Who? Daimyo-sama? Or a princess?" Naruto got all excited suddenly.

"Don't get so hasty. I'll introduce him now. Can you please come in now?"

All of them turned to look at the door. It slides open after a few seconds, revealing an old man drinking away.

"What? They're all kids!" He paused before continuing, "Hey, is the smallest one there with the idiotic face really a ninja?"

"Ahaha! Who's the smallest one with the idiotic face?" Naruto was laughing while asking. After a moment, he realised it was him. "I'm going to kill you!" Naruto exclaimed as Kakashi held him back.

"Don't kill the man you're supposed to escort, idiot."

"I am the bridge building expert, Tazuna. Once I have returned to my country, I will have all of you protect my life with yours while I complete the bridge."

With that, Kakashi's Team 7 prepared to set off with Tazuna.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Michiko, the dinner is tonight, aren't you setting off soon?" The Third Hokage asked.