Side Story 5 (Part 1)

This story took place some time before the Chuunin Exam.
------------------------------------------------------

"Where am I? Argh, my head hurts." Michiko leaned against the tree as she sat up, holding her head. Michiko could not remember what happened to her before she passed out.

"I remember I was out for a mission. Ah! Mission! Where's the letter?" Michiko reached for her inner vest pocket and felt relieved when the letter she was supposed to deliver is still with her.

"Guess I should get this letter deliver first." Michiko stood up and patted her pants. She decided to complete mission first before figuring out what happened just now.

- Timeskip -

Michiko had returned to the village once she completed her mission. After reporting to the Third Hokage, she went to stroll abit. Michiko decided to go to the training grounds and she saw Asuma and his team training.

"Nii-chan!" Michiko waved as she walked over.

"Hey, Michiko. What are you doing here?"

"Came to watch you guys train. Heehee"

"I see. Maybe you can help them train as well?" Asuma smiled.

Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji looked at Asuma.

"Hehhhh... I came to watch not to train! Plus you're their sensei, not me!" Michiko whined and Asuma laughed.

"It seems like Asuma-sensei wants to rest as well. Well, training IS troublesome after all." Shikamaru yawned.

"Let's resume training, come on!" Asuma exclaimed and Shikamaru sighed.

When their training ends, Asuma treated them to barbecue. As usual, Chouji ordered way too much food and Asuma sighed as he knew his wallet is gonna be empty again. Michiko chuckled as she enjoyed the time with them.

"Chouji, you might wanna slow down a little. It's not good for your health if you eat that fast." Michiko suggested.

"Don't worry, Michiko-san. I've always been eating this way and nothing has happen so yeah, I'll be fine." Chouji mumbled with food in his mouth. Michiko turned to Asuma, who simply shrugged.

"Right. Kakashi and his team will be returning tomorrow right?" Asuma asked.

Michiko frowned. Kaka...shi?

"I-I guess so?" Michiko, not wanting to worried her brother, just went along with it.

"Are you alright?" Asuma asked.

"Ah, yeah. I think I'm gonna head back first. You guys enjoy yourselves." Michiko smiled and left hurriedly. Asuma thought she was acting a little strange, but did not think much of it.

After Michiko went home, she recalled Asuma's question.

Who is Kakashi? Do I... know him? When Nii-chan mentioned that name, my heart skipped a beat. Why? Argh, I can't remember! My head hurts...

The next day, Michiko was discussing some issues with the Third Hokage when Kakashi came reporting to him.

"Alright, thank you for your hard work. Kakashi, you and your team will get a day off tomorrow." The Third Hokage stated.

"Hai!" Kakashi replied as he glanced at Michiko. Kakashi frowned as he saw Michiko frowning, but the next moment, she smiled at him. However, It was somewhat different from the usual. Something feels off.

After finishing the discussion with the Third Hokage, Michiko was asked to run an errand to the Academy.

After delivering these scrolls to the Academy, I can rest! Guess I should treat myself to some Ichiraku ramen. Heehee~

Michiko was on her way to Ichiraku when suddenly someone put an arm over her shoulder.

"Yo."

Michiko turned to saw Kakashi, and blushed at their closeness.

Are we... that close?

"Hey..." Michiko smiled wryly as she gently moved Kakashi's arm away from her.

Kakashi frowned. "What's wrong?" Kakashi reached out his hand but Michiko took a step back. He looked hurt when Michiko did that, and Michiko felt a pang in her heart.

"N-Nothing." She smiled again.

That look again... Why does he look so sad? And why does my heart ache for him? Maybe... Maybe I should tell him about it?

"Actually..."

Kakashi looked up at Michiko.

"I'm sorry but... I don't remember who are you." Michiko frowned.

"What?"

"I've had this weird feeling since yesterday. Nii-chan mentioned your name once, but I couldn't remember who you are. And just now when I saw you in the Hokage office, I thought you were familiar but... I still can't remember anything." Michiko explained.

"I see." Kakashi was thinking about different possibilities that could cause Michiko to forget him. "You went on a mission yesterday, right?"

"Yes."

"Did anything happen?"

"Hmmm... I remember waking up in a forest and my head hurts. Then I proceed to deliver the letter that I'm supposed to, but I can't remember why did I lose consciousness in the middle of the forest."

"That must be it. Something must have happened that causes you to forget... forget about me." Kakashi remained expressionless, even though his tone sounded really pained.

"Whenever I try to recall what happened, my head starts to hurt..." Michiko looked down, before meeting his eye. "I guess I can try it again. But before that... I have a question."

"What is it?"

"W-What... What is our relationship?" Michiko's face turned red at the question.

Kakashi paused for a moment before answering. "Koibito (lovers)." He smiled.

(To be continued...)

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Chapter 30 will not be out so soon. Will try my best to update asap. There're just too many things (school work) that I have to do. Sorry >.<