Chapter 38

Baka... Getting yourself injured to this extent... Michiko's heart ached as she stared at Kakashi, lying on the bed, unconscious.

"Based on how they're acting, they haven't found Naruto yet." said Guy.

"About that... isn't something funny? They were already in the village. It's easy to find Naruto in this village. Itachi also knows Naruto's face."

"Shhh." Guy stopped Asuma as he heard footsteps.

"Kakashi..." The door opened, revealing Sasuke. He looked around the room before stopping his gaze on Kakashi. "Why's Kakashi asleep? And why are the Jounin gathered here? What happened?"

"Nothing much happened." Just as Guy finished his sentence, Aoba came running in.

"Is it true that the Itachi came back? And he's after Naruto?"

The four Jounin stared at Aoba who continued asking, before he finally realised Sasuke was here. Guy face palmed, as if they do not have enough problems to deal with at the moment. Michiko sighed. Knowing Sasuke, he is definitely going to attempt something reckless.

"Baka." Kurenai muttered.

Sasuke's eyes widened as they filled with hatred and he ran out of the room immediately.

"And why did things turn out like this?" Guy stood up.

"Guy, can you go after Sasuke? We'll take care of things here." Michiko asked.

Guy nodded and ran after Sasuke.

It will be better for Sasuke if he doesn't meet Itachi... Michiko looked down as she recalled what happened just a while ago.

- Flashback -

"What does a renegade ninja like you want in this village?" Kakashi asked with a kunai pointing at Itachi's neck. Itachi turned around to look at Kakashi, with Kakashi looking right back at him.

"This is a surprise. No wonder you could do that with my technique. I wouldn't believe that someone has the same eyes as Itachi-san if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Your name was... the Copy Ninja Kakashi."

"I'm the one who's surprised. I saw some weird guys at the teahouse, and I wondered who they could be... They turned out to be Uchiha Itachi and the monster from Kirigakure, Hoshigaki Kisame."

"My my... You know my name, too. I'm honoured."

"I see... You're one of the Seven Shinobi-gatana the Mist, and that large blade of yours must be Samehada."

Kisame laughed. "I heard that that kid Zabuza fought you."

Kakashi readied a kunai behind his back while Kisame raised Samehada, ready to fight.

"I'll enjoy shaving you to death."

"Stop, Kisame." said Itachi. Everyone turned to him with a mixture of shocked and puzzled expression.

"If you fight him head on, you will suffer unnecessary injuries. Also, if we take too much time, more shinobi will arrive."

"But..."

"Do not forget our purpose. You did not come here to get hurt."

"Then, tell us that purpose of yours." Kakashi interrupted as his clone in front of Asuma and Michiko disappeared.

"We just came to find something we're looking for." Itachi turned to face the Kakashi in front of him and said.

"Something you're looking for?" Kakashi raised his kunai. "And what exactly are you looking for?"