Chapter 28

A/N: SO SO SO Sorry for the late update!

------------------------------------------------------

"I see, so Sakura came as well."

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura looked at Kakashi with a puzzled expression.

"You can now officially register for the Chuunin Exam."

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked.

"To tell you the truth, this exam can only be taken in teams of three."

"But you said that we could decide if we wanted to take it or not."

"Yeah, I did."

"You lied?"

"Yes. If I said that, Sasuke and Naruto would force you to take it. Even if you didn't want to take the exam, if Sasuke asked you, you would try to take the exam anyway. For Sasuke... and Naruto."

"So what would happen if only Sasuke-kun and Naruto came here?"

"I would have prohibited them from taking the exam and not allowed them through these doors. But the three of you came here on your own free will. Sakura. Naruto. And Sasuke. Well done. I'm proud of the three of you, my team." Kakashi smiled as he stepped aside, allowing them to enter the room.

"Alright, let's go!" Naruto exclaimed. Sakura and Sasuke each opened one side of the door, and the three of them went in. Michiko stood beside Kakashi, smiling at him.

"Isn't it wonderful that they are on your team?"

"Hmm."

Michiko smiled and suddenly jumped on Kakashi, causing him to stumble, but regained his balance soon after. She got down, giving him another big smile. "I'm really happy for you."

The two stood outside the room for a little while more. Not long after they went in, loud noises can be heard from inside the classroom. They were listening to what was going on in the room.

"I have a feeling that Naruto is gonna do something crazy." Michiko chuckled. Kakashi nodded in agreement.

"What is it?" Michiko asked.

"What?"

"What are you thinking? You looked too serious."

"Well... The other time when we were asked to recommend Genin for Chuunin Exam... Iruka and Guy, they second guessed my decision. Although I said they might become stronger than Guy's subordinates... Maybe..."

"Sa!!! My name is Uzumaki Naruto! I'm not going to lose to any of you! Got that?!"

Michiko blinked her eyes a few times before reacting. Kakashi and Michiko laughed.

"Looks like you don't have to worry about them." Michiko smiled. Kakashi returned the smile before leaving with Michiko.

Sadly, Michiko has to return to where Ryuu was. The two were in a room where they could observe the first exam of the Chuunin Selection Exam.

The examiner for the first part of the Chuunin Exam was Ibiki. It was a written exam which caused Naruto devastation. There were ten questions for the exam, and the first nine of them was set to obtain answers through cheating. The aim of this was to test one's ability to collect information without getting caught. Of course Naruto did not realise this, and he was afraid that he will drag his team down by not being able to answer a single question. Sasuke managed to use his Sharingan to obtain the answers, while Sakura was smart enough to answer them all. When it was time for the tenth question, every single candidate was put to a mental test. Ibiki told them that they have a choice whether to take the tenth question. If one decided to take the tenth question and got the answer wrong, this Genin will remain as a Genin forever. And if one decided to give up, the entire team fails. There were a lot of Genin who decided to give up. Naruto was struggling at first whether or not to take the tenth question. Sakura thought it might be better for him to give up. However, Naruto being him, he refused to give up and exclaimed that he did not care if he will remain a Genin forever, even if he did, he will become the Hokage no matter what. Those who chose to take the question passed the first round of the exam.