Chapter 9

Kakashi was heading towards the bridge when the wound on his arm starts to hurt. He recalled those words from Rin, Minato and Obito. He reminisced the times he spent with Michiko. Conflicting emotions stirred within him, leaving him in deep thoughts. The last thing that allowed him to make up his mind to save his comrade, was Obito's words.

"I believe that the White Fang was a true hero. It's true that in the world of ninjas, those who break the rules and regulations are called trash. But... Those who don't care about their friends are even worse than trash."

That was when he decided to head to where Michiko, Obito and Rin were.

~~~~~~~~~~

Michiko was unconscious when the enemy used gentsuju on her. No matter what the enemy asked, Michiko did not give a single information to them.

Obito and Rin on the other hand found the cave that the enemies had brought Michiko to. Obito was shaking and he tried to calm himself down by slapping hard on his face. Rin was nervous, but tried to remain calm anyway. The enemies heard the slapping sound and had sent one of them to get rid of the two.

"Obito, what should we do?" asked Rin.

Obito took out a kunai and readied himself. "Rin, you should stay here and keep a look out. I'll go in and rescue Michiko."

"But..."

"If Michiko or I get hurt, at least we have you to heal us. You have to stay safe alright?" Obito looked at Rin with determination.

"Alright, I'm going!"

"Where are you going?" The enemy suddenly appeared behind Obito and Rin. When Obito and Rin thought this is it, Kakashi came out from nowhere and slashed the enemy with his katana.

Obito teared as he stunned. Rin felt relieved that Kakashi came to their aid.

"K-Kakashi? Why did you...?" Obito was too shocked.

"Well, I couldn't leave this to a lonely crybaby ninja, right? Rin would be in danger as well if she's with you." Kakashi, still in his fighting stance, turned his head and teased Obito.

"Kakashi..."

"You came just in time Kakashi! Arigatou..." Rin exclaimed.

"That silver hair, and that blade with the white chakra light... Could you be... The White Fang of Konoha?" The enemy seemed slightly taken aback.

Kakashi raised the sword, getting ready to fight. "This is a memento from my father."

"I see. You're the White Fang's brat. Then I have nothing to fear." The enemy said as he turned invisible.

"As I thought... His scent had completely vanished. I can only tell the enemy's position by feeling faint air flows, or by sound." Kakashi thought to himself while trying to pinpoint the enemy's location.

Obito and Rin were on their guard, trying to see if they can spot the enemy.

"Obito, behind you!" Kakashi yelled as he dashed behind Obito. The enemy wielded his kunai and slashed Kakashi's left eye.

"Argh, my eye..." Kakashi yelped in pain as he covered his left eye.

"Kakashi!" Both Obito and Rin yelled. Rin ran to his side as Obito started asking if Kakashi is alright. Rin checked Kakashi's wound, and knowing that the wound is too deep, Kakashi is gonna lost his left eye. Meanwhile, the enemy is being cautious by hiding somewhere.

"Our opponent is skilled. He rid himself of the kunai with the scent of my blood on it flawlessly." Kakashi analysed.

"Kakashi, don't move. I'll do some emergency treatment. We don't have much time with the enemy still onto us." Rin took out the necessary stuffs and started treating Kakashi.