Chapter 45

"Until that wish is granted, I will live my life as Onii-sama, as Sagi." Toki took off the Daimyo's eboshi, revealing her beautiful long hair. She stared at the mask of the cursed Samurai for a second longer before wearing it, putting on the helmet and grabbed a spear, getting ready to take revenge on Mousou.

Ominous feeling was spreading in the air on what seems like a peaceful night. Chishima was hiding behind the bushes right outside Mousou's house. He knew Sagi would definitely come to Mousou's place. Chishima bit his lip, trying to bear with the pain coming from his wound. Just then, Mousou came out from his house. As he looked up at the sky, Mousou saw the cursed Samurai flying towards him.

He scoffed. "For Sagi-sama to come to me is more convenient. Even if I can't lay my hands on the Daimyo Sagi, it wouldn't be a crime if I killed the cursed Samurai." Mousou smirked as he formed seals and uses Katon. However, there was something strange with his jutsu.

With a ball of fire coming towards her, Toki, or the cursed Samurai, barely dodged it.

"Hmph. How impertinent for a ghost to arrive on a child's toy." Mousou continued spitting balls of fire towards the cursed Samurai, eventually burning the kite that allowed the cursed Samurai to fly. She dropped slowly onto the ground while her mask continued burning. She took it off and threw it aside.

Mousou laughed. "Welcome, cursed Samurai."

"Who are you? You're not the monk of great virtue, Mousou!"

"I don't need to answer to you, a mere ghost."

Toki, who was pretending to be Sagi, cursed and charged at Mousou with the spear in her hand. Mousou dodged easily as he stood on top of the said weapon.

"Yes, Mousou is a false name to deceive people. My name is Houki! The leader who controls the Watari Ninja (wandering ninjas)!" Houki jumped and flipped back before continuing, "We Watari Ninjas steal many ninjutsu from many villages and make them our own in exchange for not having a village. But our clan has gotten tired of the long wandering journey, and we've been looking for a country to make our home."

"I see. So you came to the Country of Bird intending to take it over from the start!"

"I doubt you, who were fated to become the Daimyo from birth, would understand the pain of us Watari Ninjas who do not even have a village! Isn't it fine for the Watari Ninjas to seek a place to live in peace? Your father trusted people so easily so he did not suspect me, who exchanged places with the well-known monk of high virtue, Mousou, and approached him. Believing that a genjutsu which tricks the human mind was a monk's dharmic power, he promoted me quickly. It was only Koumei who suspected me. However, I have assassinated Oowashi and removed Koumei."

"H-How dare you! So it was you!"

"And finally... you! If I kill you, everything will be accomplished!"

"How dare you! I won't forgive you! The enemy of my family!" Toki, who was still pretending as Sagi, screamed as she threw the spear towards Houki which he easily deflected it away. However, the spear moved in the direction where Toki was and hit the helmet off her, revealing her true self.

"Y-You're...!" Houki was shocked.

"That's right, my name is Toki!" She unsheathed her sword as she continued, "To avenge my brother and father!" Toki raised her sword and charged towards Houki.

"Kagemane no Jutsu!" Houki shouted and Toki stopped moving. "Look Toki, our shadows are overlapping. This is the Kagemane no Jutsu! Now you cannot move!" Houki raised his left arm as he continued, "But to think that you were the sister, Toki..." Toki's right arm was raised as well, while Houki slowly move his arm towards his neck, and so did Toki's. "We, the Watari Ninja, will rule this country. Die as Sagi, just like you wanted."