Chapter 23

Please read the note at the end about the next update. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------

"Sandaime-sama, he passed the three Genin this time round!"

"Is that so? Hahaha. A promising batch of Genin indeed..."

"Hai! Naruto is too hot-headed and tends to be easily provoked by taunts. Not to mention falling for simple traps easily... Sakura will be fine if she trains more. As for Sasuke, he has got the brain and skills. But it seems like his mind was clouded by darkness or more like... hatred."

- A few hours ago -

Michiko went to Team 7's rendezvous point at about 9 a.m. where Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were already waiting. It was not until another two hours or so before Kakashi arrives. Naruto and Sakura were really mad.

Kakashi then set an alarm at 12 p.m., and explained that the three are supposed to get the bells from him. Whoever failed to do so will not have lunch, and will be tied to the pole while others will eat lunch right in front of them. Michiko can hear the sound of stomach growling, and she was smiling, as it reminds her of the past. They were also reminded that the one who failed will return to the Academy.

Naruto attacked with a kunai before Kakashi could say "start", but was easily stopped, and instead the kunai was pointed to the back of Naruto's neck. Michiko sighed. She knew Naruto was probably provoked by Kakashi's words.

"Ready... Start!"

On Kakashi's command, the three of them jumped back and hid themselves. Well, except Naruto. He wanted to fight Kakashi fair and square. Kakashi was reaching for something in his pouch when Naruto charged at him. Naruto got wary and stopped, with some distance between him and Kakashi.

Kakashi... Is he going to... Somehow Michiko can guess what he is taking out from his pouch.

Naruto was anticipating what Kakashi is going to do next, and the next moment... he took a book out.

【Icha Icha Paradise】

Michiko sighed. I knew it... Jiraiya-sama... What have you done...?

Kakashi was reading 【Icha Icha Paradise】while blocking Naruto's attacks. Just as Naruto attacked continuously, Kakashi disappeared from his sight.

"A ninja should not let the enemy get behind him multiple times, idiot." Kakashi said. Both Sakura and Sasuke thought he was going to use some high level jutsu but they were wrong. Michiko had a bad feeling about this, judging from their position. Sakura yelled, asking Naruto to run for his life.

"You're too late. Konoha's secret taijutsu master art...! A Thousand Years of Pain!" Kakashi yelled.

Michiko face palmed, while Sakura and Sasuke does not even want to bother about what just happened. Naruto fell into the river, and Kakashi returned to reading.

Suddenly, two shurikens flew out from the water, and it was going for Kakashi. However, he stopped it easily, without even looking at it. Naruto then got out of the river, looking pretty bad.

"What's wrong? You won't get any lunch if you don't get a bell by noon."

"I know!"

"You said you're going to exceed the Hokages, but your actions say otherwise."

*growl~*

"Damn it! Damn it! I can still fight even if I'm hungry!" Naruto shouted. Apparently, all three of them were really hungry. Kakashi had turned around and began to walk away.