Chapter 8

A/N: Was trying to catch up on Naruto (anime) and oh god there're so many filler episodes ^^;; And looking at Obito when he became the Jinchuriki of Jyuubi it's saddening. But then again, I feel that there's too much sadness and sorrow in Naruto. What's good is that they always get back up when they faced despair, and that's something we can learn from. Sorry for babbling! Alright, let's get on with the story...
-----------------------------------------------------

"From the positions of the enemy's backup, we've determined that it would be vital to take these points." Homura (one of the elders of Konoha) said as he outlined part of the map.

"The Kannabi Bridge, huh?" The Third Hokage mumbled.

"We need to come up with a plan to destroy it right away." Koharu, the other elder, added.

"Right now, many battles are being waged. So there are only a select few to choose from." The two elders nodded as the Third Hokage said. He opened the book with the list of Konoha ninjas and continued, "For this mission, we'll appoint the five men cell of Jounin Namikaze Minato: Hatake Kakashi, Sarutobi Michiko, Uchiha Obito and Nohara Rin.

"Hmmm... They're all quite young, even the Yellow Flash..." said Homura.

"Well, due to the situation... Our hands are tied." Koharu added.

And so it was decided that Team Minato will be sent to destroy the Kannabi Bridge.

~~~~~~~~~~

Obito was jumping from branch to branch hurriedly. He muttered to himself along the way, getting more and more impatient. He tripped over a vine and fell to ground.

"Did I make it?" Obito groaned as he looked up.

Kakashi was standing right in front of him, looking down at him. Minato was sitting on a boulder looking faraway while Michiko and Rin stood one side, smiling.

"No. You're late, Obito." Kakashi glared at Obito with his arms folded. He then bend down slightly and continued, "When did you think we were supposed to meet up? When you become a full fledged ninja, following the rules is common sense, right?"

"No, you see... While on my way, I ended up helping an old lady, who had too much luggage, cross the street. And something was in my eye..." Obito explained. Kakashi retorted, "Yeah, right. That's a lie isn't it?"

Minato smiled. "Don't say that, Kakashi. You helped the old lady, didn't you? Obito."

"I even carried her luggage!" Obito exclaimed while using eye drop .

"Sensei, you're too easy on him. If he keeps acting up like this around people, they'll just be in trouble, right? Those who break the rules and regulations are scums. Right?" said Kakashi with a frown.

Minato gave an awkward laugh.

"Can't you ever be nice sometimes? You're always talking about these 'rules' and it's getting really annoying! What matters is discipline!" Obito grumbled as he rubbed his right eye.

Michiko laughed at the two of them while Rin tried to stop them. "Now, now... Cut it out, you two. You're on the same team, you know? And Michiko, stop laughing and help to stop them!"

"Hahaha, I'm sorry! It's just... They looked like good friends who're quarrelling." Michiko took a deep breath as she said.

"WE'RE NOT GOOD FRIENDS!" Both of them yelled at the same time. Michiko laughed once again, and this time Minato and Rin chuckled too. Kakashi and Obito took a look at each other before turning their head away.

"Rin, you're too soft on him. Today is a very special day for me and Michiko." said Kakashi as he stared at Michiko who laughed so much that she ran out of breath. Michiko stopped when she heard what Kakashi said.