Chapter 16

As more and more people were kidnapped and died from experiments, the Third Hokage caught Orochimaru red-handed. He was the one behind all these inhumane experiments.

The Third Hokage and a team of Anbu found Orochimaru in one of his hideouts. Two followed the Third Hokage into the hideout, while Kakashi and Michiko were to wait outside. However, even though the Third Hokage knew he had to kill Orochimaru for the sake of the village, he lacked the will to do so, allowing Orochimaru to escape.

As Orochimaru emerged from his hideout, Kakashi activated his Raikiri, preparing to attack him. Michiko crept behind Orochimaru, ready to attack together with Kakashi from both sides. Orochimaru is obviously much stronger than the two, and he knew Michiko was behind him. So he let out his snakes and they binded Michiko, stopping her movement. The more she struggle, the tighter the snakes bind.

"Raikiri!" Kakashi was aiming at Orochimaru but he dodges it easily.

Just as Orochimaru ducked to dodge Kakashi's Raikiri, he swings his kunai at him. Kakashi jumped and managed to dodge his attack. As Kakashi turned around to face Orochimaru again, he appeared right in front of him. It was too late for Kakashi to react when Orochimaru had already waved the kunai upwards.

"Kakashi!" Michiko screamed.

The kunai slashed Kakashi's Anbu mask into two. Kakashi was stunned. Firstly it was due to Orochimaru, and secondly, Michiko shouted his name. She has not spoken for quite some time ever since Rin was gone. For a moment, she thought she was dreaming.

Kakashi was defeated by Orochimaru swiftly.

"You... I like the look in your eye. However, I don't need a fake." Orochimaru said as he licked his kunai. A large snake slithered from the branch above and began curling around Orochimaru.

"So cute... Do you want to see his blood too?" Orochimaru asked the snake. The snake suddenly bared its fangs to Orochimaru, revealing an explosive tag in its mouth. There is no way for Orochimaru to dodge the explosion.

He was injured.

The snakes around Michiko disappeared when the explosion occurred. She got blew away thanks to the impact from the explosion and landed a few feet away.

"Sandaime... So you set this up." Orochimaru murmured as he stares at his hand, smeared with his own blood. He stood up gradually; pressing onto his wound and began to walk towards Kakashi.

Kakashi get up from the ground immediately and get into his fighting stance with a kunai in his hand.

"Don't move!" Kakashi yelled. However, Orochimaru simply walked pass him and had disappeared when Kakashi turned around. He looked at the direction for a moment before turning back to look for Michiko.

"Michiko! Michiko!" Kakashi called out as he searched for her.

Michiko sat up, leaning against a tree and stand up with its support.

"I'm here!" Michiko answered and coughed a little. So it was not a dream after all. Her voice is finally back.

Kakashi found her and rushed to her side. "Are you alright? Hurt anywhere?" He checked her for any wound.

Michiko shook her head. "Nope, I'm fine. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Orochimaru's gone... We should report to Sandaime."

"Um, you're right. Let's go." Michiko turned and was about to walk into the hideout when a hand closes around her elbow. She turned around and looked at Kakashi with a confused look.

"I'm glad... That you can speak again."

"Me too." Michiko smiled.

After reporting to the Third Hokage, they all went back to Konoha Anbu building. Michiko tended to Kakashi's wounds before they gathered for order.