Chapter 47

"Are you sure you wanna go that way? If I were you I wouldn't do that."

The man looked around frantically, trying to figure out which direction did the sound come from. Unable to locate the enemies, the man decided to run as fast as possible to get away.

"Kagemane no Jutsu."

The man stopped against his own will and he could not move an inch.

"Told you I wouldn't do that, didn't I?" Michiko snickered as she, along with Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji appeared right in front of the man.

"Chouji and Ino, hurry up and tie this thief up." said Shikamaru with a lazy tone. The two hurried before all of them head back to report to the Hokage.

"Michiko!"

Michiko was walking out of the Hokage building when she heard her name. She turned around and smiled, "Nii-chan."

"Thanks for covering me. Where are the kids?"

"Tsunade-sama told them to rest for the day since they did a good job. And you don't have to thank me, since Tsunade-sama asked me to. So your presence here means mission accomplished?"

"Yes. You have nothing else for the day right? Let's go get some dango."

"Okay!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahhh, this is nice." Michiko sighed as she sips the green tea in the dango shop.

Asuma laughed. "And it has been quite a while since we gathered like this."

Kurenai smiled and nodded in agreement. When Asuma and Michiko got to the dango shop, Kurenai was already sitting there, and Guy joined them shortly after.

"Yosh! I should take this chance and challenge Kakashi!" Guy exclaimed as he gobbled down his dango, standing up ready to leave.

Michiko was silently drinking her green tea when Guy was all hyped up. Even though it was not a big deal, Michiko is still unhappy about how Kakashi blushed when he saw Toki returned to her woman self. Nothing can be worse than kissing another woman like the other time, right? But she has not talked to him ever since then. Even if Kakashi tried to, she will give a yes/no answer or if possible, ignore him. Michiko admits that Toki is pretty, and also Kakashi does that kind of thing most of the time, she should be used to it.

But this time round, it is different.

Michiko felt insecure.

This is not like her at all. Usually, she would just brush it off and forgive him when Kakashi apologized and showed her more affections than usual. But recently, Michiko started thinking about how she might not be the one for him. Maybe, maybe she is just not good enough for him.

Michiko frowned, relaxed mood long gone.

Asuma and Kurenai heard about what happened, which made them glared at Guy who was all hyped up about challenging Kakashi.

Kurenai then looked at Michiko again. Something about Michiko feels different... I shall find another time and asked her about it, Kurenai thought.

Guy seemed to realise something was not right and decided to just keep quiet for the time being. Just then, Genma entered the dango shop.

"Michiko, Tsunade-sama called for you."

Michiko sighed. "Got it." She stood up and walked out with Genma. "See you guys some other time." Michiko waved and left. The three waved back before continuing whatever they were doing. Guy took this chance to ask what happened and the other two explained to him.