Chapter 43

"I see. If flown in the dark, the cursed Samurai who was holding onto it will look like he's flying. With this, the deception behind the cursed Samurai is solved. Next... Someone was here that night." Naruto walked towards the shrine, opened the door and entered.

"What's wrong?" Gamakichi asked.

Naruto sighed. "The cursed Samurai appeared from here." He entered and Gamatatsu followed.

"It only looks like an old unused temple to me," said Gamakichi while remaining where he was.

"Yeah." Naruto turned around and was ready to leave.

"Let's go, Gamatatsu." Gamakichi called.

"But Gamakichi nii-chan, it's so cool here. It feels good." Gamatatsu lied flat on the ground and sighed in bliss.

"What the hell are you talking about?! That can't be possible in this hot temple—" Gamakichi jumped to where his brother was and stopped when a breeze of cool wind blew by. "It does feel good. There's moist wind."

"See? It's relaxing."

"Is the wind coming from below?" Naruto asked as he took a kunai out and aimed at the ground below them. The toad brothers jumped aside to allow Naruto to do the work. Naruto was prying around and then he discovered a passageway connected to the underground.

"What's this?" Gamakichi muttered.

"Wow... I wonder if a huge earthworm made this. Or a mole?" Gamatatasu commented.

"Alright, let's go." Naruto stood up and began walking down the stairs.

"How should I greet a mole if I met one?" Gamatatsu asked.

"Hmph. How should I know?"

...............

"So Naruto-san is still investigating the cursed Samurai... I think I should let Mousou-sama know." Chishima mutterd as he walked towards Mousou's room. Right before Chishima was about to open the door, he heard Mousou's voice.

"Though we have gone through many trials, we have finally found a place where we can live in peace."

Chishima was trying to look who Mousou was talking to, and when he saw no one was in front of Mousou, he looked up. Chishima was flabbergasted as he saw several ninjas on the ceiling. He gasped and ran away immediately as fast as he could, but was struck by the shurikens thrown by the ninjas. Chishima left a blood trail and Mousou ordered the ninjas to go after him.

Chishima escaped into the bamboo forest and was dragging his feet when the ninjas caught up to him. They aimed shurikens at him, which most of them missed, but one hit his shoulder, near the wound which they gave him from the previous attack. He then fell into the canal nearby and the ninjas dispersed to look for him. It turns out that he had a wooden tube to allow him to breathe underwater, and a rock to keep him from floating up. Chishima managed to get rid of the ninjas, and set off to warn Sagi immediately, despite his injury.

In the meantime, Naruto followed the path he found in the shrine and finally reached the exit.

"Nii-chan, where are we?"

"Huh? This is..."

Naruto looked up and realised they were at the Daimyo's house.

"Hehhh... The Daimyo's house."

"No wonder it's a fine building." Gamakichi added.

"So this is where it leads to." Naruto was deep in his thoughts when he heard some sound. He wondered what sound was that and walked towards it.