Chapter 21

"Are you aware of Konoha's barrier system?" The Third Hokage asked.

"It senses when the Village has been infiltrated." Kakashi answered.

"Someone has been getting through the barrier undetected."

"Even among Konoha, only a few know the secret code to pass through the barrier. Either there's a traitor in our midst, or a jutsu user who can break the barrier." Kakoi (member of the Konoha Barrier Team) added.

"If it's a traitor, we can smoke him out by changing the jutsu formula. I believe it's someone capable of passing though the barrier with a jutsu." The Third Hokage commented.

"I don't want to believe that." Kakoi said as he passed a piece of paper to Kakashi.

"I want you and Michiko to look into this."

Michiko went to stand beside Kakashi and take a look at the piece of paper.

"This is a chart of the barrier placements. The alert is high in some spots." Kakoi explained.

"Where is this?" Kakashi asked.

"The area around Uchiha District. If possible, we'd like to install a barrier system there, but it's a self-governing district and our hands are tied."

"Make sure your investigation does not trace back to the Anbu. With Michiko tagging along, there shouldn't be much problem." The Third Hokage added.

"Hai!" Kakashi and Michiko nodded before leaving.

Kakashi changed into normal clothing before going around checking the different areas with Michiko.

"How long has it been since we're on the same mission?"

"The last time... It was when you're still in Anbu... About two years ago?"

"Two years huh... Time flies... But I'm really happy that we get to do a mission together, even if it is in our village, and even if I'm supposed to be a diversion." Michiko stuck her tongue out.

Isn't that Naruto? With Sasuke again? How adorable...

Michiko chuckled, as she and Kakashi stood behind Guy, who was standing by the window in the Academy's office. Ever since meeting Naruto on that very day, Michiko will spend time with him whenever she is free, often treating him ramen, overseeing his training, and listening to his rants.

"It's rare to see you here. What brings you to the Academy after so long?" Kakashi asked Guy.

"I've been appointed a Jounin leader, to be in charge of the Genin."

"Eh? So you're going to look after Genin?"

"Yes, but I'm abit worried about the kind of students I'm getting."

Guy, Kakashi and Michiko looked out of the window to see Naruto trying to fight Sasuke. Michiko giggled as she saw how Naruto kept pestering Sasuke.

"Hahaha students like that will be difficult to handle." Guy laughed, but he seemed really wary.

"Come with us, will you?" Kakashi asked.

Eh!!! I thought it will be a good time for the two of us to spend time together. Michiko pouted.

"What? You want to spar?" Guy suddenly got excited and get into his fighting stance.

"He will take the initiative to challenge you when pigs fly." Michiko teased.

Kakashi sighed. "It's just a walk..."

Guy was rather disappointed that it was not a duel.

~~~~~~~~~~