Chapter 25

Michiko was compelled to stay for another few days after the Daimyo's relative, Lord Akio and his wife, Lady Hiromi, had taken liking to her. They even introduced their son, Ryuu, to Michiko. Ryuu himself was interested in Michiko, and has been friendly to her as well. Lord Akio and Lady Hiromi on the other hand had been hinting Michiko that they wished to have her as their daughter-in-law, which she can only smile in respond.

After staying over for a few days, Michiko told them that she really has to return to Konoha for other missions. Lady Hiromi was reluctant to let Michiko go but they do not have much choice, and Michiko finally get to leave. After thanking them for their hospitality, Michiko literally run back to Konoha. She went straight to the Third Hokage.

"Oh Michiko, you're finally back. What happened?" The Third Hokage asked as he was puzzled why is Michiko panting.

Michiko took a few deep breaths, calming down. "I ran all the way back here from Port City."

"Tou-san, is it possible to reject their invitation in the future? I'm asking this as your daughter, not as your subordinate." Michiko sighed. She never wanted to go there, ever, again.

"So what happened when you were there?" The Third Hokage suddenly looking serious.

"Lord Akio and Lady Hiromi dropped obvious hints that they wanted me to marry their son. And their son Ryuu, was being a little too friendly in my opinion."

"Is the boy that bad?"

"Well... He wasn't THAT bad. He's rather refined, and good-looking. But that's not the main point!"

"What is?"

"I have Kakashi. He will be the one and only person that I will marry." Michiko, realising what she had just said, began blushing. The Third Hokage laughed.

"Tou-san! I am being serious here! Please reject any invitation from them. Or maybe get someone else to attend on your behalf."

"Alright, alright... I'll get someone else to go."

"Hai! Arigatougozaimasu!" Michiko smiled. "Oh by the way, is Kakashi back yet?"

"Not yet. I think they will be back soon. In the meantime, someone requested you to help them."

~~~~~~~~~~

Michiko had set off for another mission when Kakashi's Team 7 returned. And when Michiko returned, Kakashi and his team went out for mission.

Michiko was really upset with the fact that she has not seen Kakashi for a month. That's right, A MONTH! This was probably the longest time they spent apart.

Team 7 has just return to Konoha from another mission.

"Yo, good work on your mission." Kotetsu said to the three Genin.

"Phew, I can finally have some Ichiraku ramen just like I dreamed." Naruto grinned.

"That doesn't sound bad." Sakura agreed. "Naruto, your treat."

"Eh?! Okay, that's fine. But you know... Sasuke! How about you treat us for once?"

"Hmph. I'm going to train."

"Then Kakashi sensei can..." Naruto stopped. Kakashi was staring in one direction, and the three Genin followed his gaze.

"She's beautiful." Sakura commented.

"She was captured, huh?" Sasuke added.

Kakashi's gaze never left her, and the woman turned back and looked at Kakashi, eyes not leaving him as well.