Chapter 12

Kakashi, Michiko and Rin were hiding in different places, observing an area on the outskirts of the border. There was a rumour that a few fugitives had escaped and take refuge in this area. The three's mission was to confirm if it is true. If the fugitives were found, they were to annihilate them. After staying in the same position for almost half an hour, a few people appeared.

Looking at the wanted list in their hand, it is confirmed that those were the fugitives. The three looked at one another with a nod. Once the fugitives turned their back against the three, they threw kunai with explosive tag on it at them. The kunai hit right at the back of their head and the explosive tag went off instantly.

The three of them jumped from the trees and landed in front of the burnt dead bodies.

"We need to get rid of the bodies." Kakashi told the other two. They nodded and the three of them began to dispose the bodies.

Mission accomplished.

"It's dangerous to move at night, so let's head to the nearest town and rest the night." Michiko suggested.

- At the inn -

"Ne Michiko, I think I left my fragrance pouch at the bath house. I'm gonna go get it." Rin said.

"Oh? That beautiful-looking pouch? I'll go with you," Michiko smiled.

Rin shook her head. "Yup, that's the one. It's alright. The bath house is just nearby, I'll be fine." Rin smiled at Michiko before she left. Michiko starts to lay out the futon for the both of them.

It's been more than half an hour since Rin had gone to the bath house. Michiko wanted to go and look for Rin 15 minutes ago but she thought Rin was probably held up by something unexpected. But now she's taking a little too long and Michiko began to worry. She went next door and knocked. Kakashi opened the door.

"Rin went to the bath house to get her pouch half an hour ago and she isn't back yet." Michiko said worriedly.

"Let's go and look for her." Kakashi and Michiko left for the bath house.

When they reached the bath house, a few people were gathering in front of the reception counter whispering.

"Ano... Sumimasen... Have you seen a girl around my age coming here to look for something?" Michiko walked towards them and asked.

"Yes. She mentioned leaving some pouch behind and wanted to get it back, so I let her in. But she went in for quite a while and didn't come out. I went in to check and I saw this pouch on the floor, but the girl was nowhere to be found. We weren't sure what had happened and were quite afraid to be honest." One of the ladies hold up the pouch as she speaks. Michiko received the pouch from the lady and took a closer.

"This is definitely Rin's. Oh god. She might be kidnapped or something. What should we do?" Michiko turned to Kakashi.

"We should look around for clues." Kakashi answered. He turned to the ladies and asked, "Do you mind if we take a look inside?"

"By right, the answer is no. But currently there are no customers in the bath house so go ahead. But don't take too long."

Kakashi and Michiko nodded. After thanking them, they take a good look around. They were searching for any clues left behind carefully when Michiko discovered something on the ground in the changing room for ladies. She picked it up and checked the surrounding again. It's the only suspicious thing in this room. Michiko left the changing room and went to the receptionist area again.

"Kakashi! Take a look at this. I found this in the changing room." Michiko showed Kakashi the item she found.

"This is...!"