Chapter 11

"I'm finally free! It's only a sprain and I have to stay in the hospital for a week! It was boring alright." Michiko stretched, breathing in the fresh air.

"Don't belittle sprains. They can get really nasty you know?" said Rin. She went to fetch Michiko at the hospital.

"Ne, Rin... How was your mission?" Michiko asked. Kakashi, Rin and Guy had gone for a mission a few days ago while Michiko was still in hospital. Michiko was feeling down that she couldn't tag along.

"The mission was a success. Nothing really happened during the mission." Rin smiled.

"I see..." Michiko looked up at the sky. Suddenly, someone appeared right in front of them.

"Sarutobi Michiko and Nohara Rin. The Third Hokage had asked for the two of you." It was someone from Anbu. Michiko and Rin nodded, and the Anbu member disappeared. The two started heading towards the Hokage Office.

- Timeskip -

Michiko, Kakashi, Rin and Guy had received a mission, which was to be part of the squad that defends an important area of Land of Fire with vast amount of resources from a group of Iwagakure shinobi. The four of them were separated from the main team while chasing after some of the enemies. They were currently in a pinch.

The four of them hid in a cave, sitting in a circle with a fire in the middle.

"Three kunai and one paper bomb... This is all we have..." Kakashi counted all the remaining ninja tools that they are left with.

"Iwagakure's best men have us completely surrounded outside." said Rin.

"And they will attack us the first thing in the morning." Michiko added. Kakashi nodded, agreeing with what they just mentioned.

"There's no need to worry! I have my fists. It doesn't matter if we're short on ninja tools. Let's break through the enemy lines." Guy exclaimed with confidence.

"Your overconfidence is what got us stuck here in the first place. Don't you get it? Don't do anything on your own." Kakashi retorted.

"Why are you being such a bore?! Yosh! Our next rival challenge is whether I can break through the enemy lines."

Kakashi grabbed Guy by the collar and shouted, "Shinobi who defy orders are scum! I'm your captain, and if you can't follow my orders, leave."

Guy was taken aback by Kakashi's words. So does Michiko and Rin, who were looking at the both of them with wide eyes. Michiko then gently put a hand on Kakashi's shoulder, asking him to calm down. He let go of Guy and sighed. "I... Just don't want that to ever happen again."

Nobody wanted that to happen again...

Nobody wanna lose their friend...

And Kakashi swore he wouldn't let it happen, again.

After a few minutes of silent, they continued discussing strategies. Soon enough exhaustion took over them and they fell asleep. It was a few hours before dawn approaches. Guy had decided to sneak out and become a decoy in order to create an opportunity for his friends to escape.

Guy was jumping from tree to tree, drawing the enemies' attention all to him. One of them had managed to get close to Guy when he turned around swiftly and landed a kick on his face, causing the enemy to fall off the tree. Guy resumed escaping right away, dodging kunai and shuriken that were aiming at him. Just as he was about to land on the ground, one of them had waited for him and used a kunai to cut him. Luckily he managed to dodge it, only cutting through his body suit. Guy did a few somersaults and stopped beside a huge rock, staring at the enemies.