Side Story 6 (Part 2)

A/N: Hai hai, I've decided a special chapter with 2 parts to it but it will take some time. I'm doing the same for my OP fanfic. Please look forward to it. (Even though I'm not sure when it will be release)

In the meantime, please continue to bear with me for this side story. =)
------------------------------------------------------

Plan 2: Stalk-... Pursue and mark.

Michiko made up some excuse to watch the Genin while Kakashi went to buy some groceries. He was humming happily while on his way home when suddenly he stopped in his track, right outside Pink Bookstore.

Kakashi excitedly threw his groceries on the ground and jumped right in front of the shop, sticking his face onto the window as he peered at the books displayed. He was acting creepily.

Michiko face palmed the moment she saw his action.

"What is Kakashi-sensei doing?" Naruto asked.

"I'm disappointed in you." Sakura sighed.

Kakashi turned around sharply and the three Genin bended down immediately.

"He noticed us!" Sasuke exclaimed in a whispering tone.

"Baka Naruto! You blew our cover!" accused Sakura.

"Eh?! It's not my fault!"

"EH?! Made into a movie?!" Kakashi exclaimed as he began to run away. "I'm going to go reserve tickets!"

"Ah! He started moving again!" said Sakura.

"Let's follow him." Sasuke suggested.

"Yeah."

When Kakashi made a turn, the three Genin immediately went after him. But when they turned...

"Huh? He's not here." Sakura and the other two were surprised.

"Oh no, he got away."

"Damn it, where did he go?" Naruto asked.

"What are you three doing?" Kakashi asked as he appeared right behind the three of them with his groceries in his arms. Michiko was trying hard not to laugh when they three of them shrieked and shivered in shock. "Do you want something from me?"

"N-No, nothing." The three Genin shook their head vigorously.

"Hmm...?" Kakashi eyed them with suspicion.

The three of them turned their head around slowly and robotically. Michiko was already tearing from trying to contain her laughter thanks to the show put up by Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

Kakashi let them off and he left. The three went elsewhere again to come up with some other plans. Michiko followed them.

Naruto put up his sly face once again. But this time, with a hint of annoyance. "Na, why were we noticed?"

"That's because there are too many of us."

"Ehhh? If we mask our presence, numbers won't matter. Or is it that you forgot how to, Sakura-chan?" Naruto said the last line creepily, again. This earned him a punch from Sakura, again.

"You're the one who has forgotten!"

"Following him will be a good training. Next time, we'll go one at a time." Sasuke began to walk away.

"You're right, let's leave Naruto."

"What?!"

Plan 3: Follow him one at a time.

"Hmmm... 'At that time, Junko said 'Oh, I think I'm going to lose sight of you.''" Kakashi was reading 「Icha Icha Paradise」while walking. Naruto was the first one to follow Kakashi, and just when Naruto thought he was doing a good job, Kakashi disappeared.

"Huh? What? Huh?" Naruto was looking around frantically, but Kakashi was nowhere to be found.

Sasuke and Sakura were enjoying hot green tea under the tree outside a shop selling snacks when Naruto returned and stood one side, laughing awkwardly while scratching the back of his head. "He got away."

"You're as clumsy as ever."

"You dumbass."

Sakura was next. She was hiding in a tree, while Kakashi stood in front of the stone that commemorates those shinobi who died during missions.

"Geez, what is he doing? He has been standing there since-" Sakura realised something was wrong. "Could it be?!" She dashed out immediately and stopped in front of Kakashi. She was right, it was a substitute.

This time round, Naruto and Sasuke were enjoying the tea. Sakura stood one side as she stuck her tongue out and scratched her cheek. The two were dejected.

And when it was Sasuke's turn, he returned with a pissed expression.

"Sasuke-kun, how did it go?"

"I quit. No more trailing him." Sasuke scoffed. And the three of them sighed in defeat.

Michiko smiled and shook her head. She was sitting on the tree beside them, and yet none of them noticed her until she spoke.

"Ne, why are you guys so persistent to see his face?"

The three of them turned their head swiftly to the direction where the voice came from, and saw Michiko smiling at them.

"M-Michiko nee-chan?"

"M-Michiko-san?"

The three of them were surprised.

"I knew something was wrong the moment you guys wanna treat Kakashi to ramen." Michiko grinned.

"Because...! Kakashi has been wearing mask right from the beginning when we first met him! We are all curious about his real face!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Eh... Actually he has been wearing mask since he was a child. For many years I've never seen his face until we got together." Michiko laughed.

"EH?!"

"Mah, you'll get your chance. Team 7 has a mission tomorrow, right?"

The three of them looked at Michiko, then one another, and smiled slyly.

(To be continued...)