Chapter 31

A/N: Soooooooo sorry for the late update! Took me some time to write and edit, plus I was busy writing reports as well. I may be late in updating again, but I'll have more time after Nov 19 =)

Oh, and more than 4K reads now?! Wow seriously thank you for reading ^^

------------------------------------------------------

That Kakashi... I'm glad that he wants to spend some time with me... But...! TRAINING SASUKE WITH HIM is not exactly what I call "spending time together"... 2 days flew by just like that! Michiko sighed.

"Michiko!" Ryuu tackled Michiko with a hug.

Ahhh... great! My day couldn't get any "better", can they? 

"Ano... Ryuu-sama, could you please let go now?" Michiko tried pushing him away.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I was just excited to see you again! Where have you been?"

"I went out for some mission." And we just saw each other not so long ago... Michiko smiled wryly.

"Oh right, Sandaime Hokage told me that. Anyway, the final round of the Chuunin Exam will be held in less than a month's time?"

"Yeah." I wonder how Naruto's training was coming along...

"Michiko?"

"A-Ah yeah?"

"Are you alright?"

"Hmm." Michiko nodded.

"Let's take a walk, shall we?" Ryuu grinned. Michiko nodded, but her mind was elsewhere during the whole time. She sighed for the nth time as Michiko has to accompany Ryuu until the final Chuunin exam.

- Timeskip -

"It's finally going to start..."

"Hai! I'm rather looking forward to the matches. The matchups are interesting. "

"Yes. And you don't have to keep him company today."

"Hai!" Michiko beamed. The Third Hokage laughed, looking at how happy she was.

"Shall we head to the venue then?"

"Ano..."

"Hmm?"

"Tou-san, do you think Orochimaru will show up? I've had this uneasy feeling ever since he appeared that day..."

"If he comes, we will protect the village with all we have."

"I hope nothing happen..."

"That will be the best."

"Hai!"

- At the venue -

Michiko went to where the audience were and chose to stand at the back to keep a lookout in case anything happen. There were lots of people entering the arena and getting a seat, discussing excitedly about the matchups and who will emerge as the winner and stuffs like that. Michiko was looking around, and saw quite a lot of familiar faces. All of them greeted her as they passed by. She smiled as they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Genma and most of the Chuunin candidates walked into the fighting arena and the crowd was even more excited than before.

Hmmm... Where are Naruto and Sasuke? Kakashi better not be late again!

Just as Michiko wondered where Naruto was, he came sliding into the arena. Shikamaru helped him up, and a few seconds later, Naruto began shouting, though the audience could not really hear what he said. Genma then told Naruto and Shikamaru to stand up straight and show their faces to the crowd. The audience began cheering.