CHAPTER THREE

The Banquet

Side story

Eon Jin's childhood

Little Eon Jin is playing in their yard and chasing the birds that stop by at trees in the middle of it. Her small laughters and giggles are filled the entire place. Wol Sook also laugh and smile when Eon Jin laughed. "Young lady please be careful..." Wol Sook said. "Don't worry, I will..." She answered. She notice that there's something fall to the ground from the peak of the bird. "Oh?!" She said. She stop on running and walk towards to it. She pick it and she was so curious on it. It's a small violet seed.

"Eon Jin!" Cheon Myeong called her. "Wol Sook I will take care of Eon Jin, please help Sam Suk at the kitchen." She added. "Arasso, Lady Cheon Myeong.." Wol Sook said and she let the two alone in the yard.

"Eomma..." Eon Jin said as she approached her mother. Cheon Myeong reach her and let her sit on her lap. "Eomma can you tell me what is this?" Eon Jin said and she show the seed on her mother. Cheon Myeong look at to it and got surprise when she saw it. "Where did you get this?" Cheon Myeong said. Eon Jin smile, "It fell on the ground from the bird. What is that, Eomma? It's pretty!" Eon Jin said. Cheon Myeong smile and gave it back to Eon Jin. "It's a Calia seed.." She said. Eon Jin look at the seed. "Calia seed? Is it a flower,Eomma?" Eon Jin asked. Cheon Myeong nodded as she smile. "Yes, it's a rare species of flower. You're lucky and you found that." Her mother said.  Eon Jin look at her mother trying to understand what she's saying. "Eon Jin, listen.. That flower can use to heal wounds and sickness." Her mother said. Eon Jin eyes widen, "Really, Eomma?" Eon Jin said with her eye smile. Her mother nodded.  "Yes, but not for specific person only, Eon Jin." Shhe added. Eon Jin frowned, "I don't understand what you're saying, Eomma..." Eon Jin asked. Her mother caress her long hair. "It's for people who has a gift of healing... When the time is come, you will understand what am I trying to say but for now... Keep it and make sure no one will know about it, Arasso?" Cheon Myeong said.

Cheon Myeong and General Son knows about their daughter's gift, it's a gift of healing that she inherit from her great grandmother. They try to hide it for Eon Jin's safety. If the people will know about her gift, the people will always come to her to ask healing from her and it will be dangerous. The more she use her gift the more her body becomes weak, and that's the use of calia flower for her. The flower will renew her strength. She can heal anybody except  herself so her parents try to hide it even on her.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present day

"My Lady, you look so beautiful..." Wol Sook said when she saw Eon Jin. She's wearing a pink hanbok with embroidered flowers on it. Eon Jin's face turns red. "Really? Eomma made this hanbok for me..." She said. "Kamsahamnida, Wol Sook..." She added.

"Lady Eon Jin... Your father and two brothers are waiting for you outside..." The maid said. "Arasso..." She said.

All the royal servants in the palace are busy on preparing the banquet. From foods upto the tables. The Queen Dowager is so excited for this banquet. "And now, I will the lady behind the rumor..." She said as she put her ring on her finger.

Flashback

"Your Royal Highness... It's getting dark. We need to go back at the palace before it's get dark, that's the King's order." Lady Park said. "Just relax, Lady Park... I'm the King's mother, remember? I need to search a good and pretty noble lady for my grandson, Prince Tae Pyung." She said.