CHAPTER FORTY

"Full Moon"

Side story

"Is this true?" Tae Pyung said while reading the testimony of Lady Kim one of the candidates in the selection process before. "Yes, Your Royal Highness..." Man Bok said.

She wrote in her letter that she saw how Sora pointed and shot the horse of Princess Eon Jin's before while their on the selection process. Not only that, Sora knew that Eon Jin is being chase by an assassin that time but she didn't help her.

Tae Pyung clench his fist while reading her letter. "Your Royal Highness.... When we search on the forest, we found this.." Man Bok said and gave a thing to Tae Pyung. "What is this?" Tae Pyung said. "It is a rare herbal medicine that only a noble man can have. It is from the western china, Your Royal Highness...." Man Bok said. "And when I went to the boat market to check their daily list before the selection process started, I saw Minister Min's name on it and he is the one who bought that Item in exchange of an Jade elephant figurines." Man Bok said. Tae Pyung look at him and return his eyes to the item that Man Bok gave him. "I think he gave that herbal medicine to the assassin as his payment." Man bok said.

Tae Pyung frowned as his anger getting aroused. "Sora... I couldn't believe that you could do that to Eon Jin..." He whispered.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present day

Eon Jin is heading back to their quarter when she saw the moon. She stop and look to it. "Your Highness... It's full moon tonight, you must remember that you need to be careful and don't use your gift..." Wol Sook whispered. Eon Jin knows her condition when full moon come.

Flashback

(Her younger days)

"Eomma .. why my chest feel so heavy tonight?I couldn't breathe..." Little Eon Jin said. She went to her mother and rest her head to her shoulder. Cheon Myeong look at her daughter. "Eon Jin... Do you remember what I told you before?" She said. Eon Jin look at her mother. "I told you that you inherit your grandmother's gift of healing, remember?" Cheon Myeong started to explain to her. Eon Jin nodded as she remain listening to her mother. "Just like your Halmeoni, you will always feel that pain when the full moon appear." She said. Eon Jin look at her with puzzlement, "Waeyo, Eomma?" She asked. "They said that the moon is absorbing your energy... So you must be very careful every full moon. And you must not use your gift of healing, Arasso?" Cheon Myeong said. "But I can use Calia flowers to make me feel better, right Eomma?" She said.

Cheon Myeong touch her face, "You can't, Eon Jin... The Calia flower is poisonous for you if you use it when full moons so you must remember what I'm saying right now, Arasso? And don't tell to anyone about it, huh?" Cheon Myeong said. Eon Jin nodded and let out a small smile. "I will Eomma.." She said. "Come here...." Cheon Myeong said and gave her a massage to make her feel better.

End of Flashback

"Your Highness..." Wol Sook called when it seems Eon Jin is spacing out. Eon Jin look at her. "We need to go back at your quarters, you look so pale.." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin trying to hide the pain, "Wol Sook, let's go to my old chamber..." Eon Jin said. "and tell to the Crown Prince that I need to stay all night for my lesson that Master Kim gave to me." She said.