CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE

"Minister Min's death"

Side story

Tae Pyung woke up in the middle of the night with Eon Jin sleeping in his arms wrapping her hand to his waist. He look at her who still asleep then his smile automatically seen on his face as he recall what happened earlier. How Eon Jin makes the night hotter, makes him fall inlove with her deeper. He kiss her on her forehead, "I love you... You made me so inlove with you, Eon Jin." He whispered. He adjust his body and caress her face. "I can lose everything, but you... I couldn't afford to lose you, Eon Jin... You're  only mine..." He whispered. And kiss her on her lips.

Eon Jin woke up when she feel his lips touches her lips. "Yah! You had a habit on stealing a kiss..." She said. Tae Pyung let out a small laugh. "Did I disturb you?" He asked. Eon Jin look at him, "No, you don't!" She said jokely. Tae Pyung laugh and wrapped his arms around her, "Can we do it again?" He teased her. Eon Jin eye got widen and she immediately snatch the blanket on him. "No!" She said and cover her body upto her face with the blanket. Tae Pyung went inside the blanket and tease her with small little kisses on her neck. "Tae Pyung..." She said. "You started this, remember? I told you..." He said while kissing her. "I couldn't control myself..." He added. Eon Jin laughters filled the entire room. "Yah! Stop it!" She said when Tae Pyung's hand starting to travel on her body.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present days

T

ae Pyung with the King is standing in the palace ground at the southern part of the palace. This is the area where the punishment held. Aside from them, General Son and his two Sons are there with some royal palace guards.

This is the day that Minister Min will be punish. Minister Min's wife and his other daughter is also there. They're both on their knees with their hand is on their back. Minutes has been pass when the royal guard release Minister Min from his cage. He couldn't speak because of what Prince Yu Shin did to him but his eyes is now filled with tears when he saw his wife and daughter. 'Im sorry for putting you in this kind of situation, Yaebo...' In hi mind. He was drag infront of the Royals and forcely to bend his knees.

The King and the Crown Prince are looking at him. "Is there any last word, Minister Min?" The Crown Prince said. Minister Min look up and take the paper that Crown Prince is giving to him. "Are you alone in planning to harm the Crown Princesa and the royal baby or you have someone who's helping you?" The Crown Prince asked. Minister Min's hand is shaking. "This is the last chance that will given to you, but if you still deny your sins despite on the evidence against you... You will receive your punishment today." King Tae Shin said. Minister Min look at the paper but when he look to his wife and daughter, he saw Prince Yu Shin at the back of them and the royal palace guard on their sides are both Prince Yu Shin's men.

Yu Shin smirked and look at him through his eyes. Minister Min crumpled the paper and his tears flow from his eyes. Because of his frustration and anger he throw the paper on the Crown Prince feet. "You really had the gut to do that!" The King said because of annoyance. The Crown Prince look at him as he clench his fist. "Tie each body part of him in one of the horses." King Tae Shin said. Minister Min's eyes widen and his body started to sweat. "This is your punishment, Minister Min." The King said to him.

"Everyone! This will be a warning in each of you! Minister Min's continue on harming the Crown Princess and the Royal baby. He's a threat not only on the Royal family but also in Silla for taking a bribe from the other countries to smuggle some goods here in our land." The King explained. "He will face death punishment by pulling his body parts by the horses until he die. And all his assets and lands, will be confiscated and his wife and daughters will be send in the government officials to be a servant for life." He added. "That's my command! Anyone who will disobey me, he will have a punishment!" The King ordered.

Minister Min's wife cry with her younger daughter on her side who is also crying. 'Sora... Please take care of yourself... Don't go here... Runaway in this place...'In her mind. Minister Min cry while looking at his family.

The Punishment is about to start. Minister Min's body parts are already tie to each horses. When the King gave a signal, the palace guards hit each horses. The horses run in different areas, Minister Min's scream when he's body parts slowly separated to each other and the last is his head.

Sora disguising herself as one of the royal palace guard seen it all. From beginning until the last breath of her father. She try to control herself but the tears escape from her eyes. 'Abeonim....' In her mind. She clench her fist while looking at her father's body. She heard her mother and younger sister cried. She control herself not to go them. "I swear... I will kill you Eon Jin for doing this to my family!" She whispered.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

"Crown Princess are you okay?" Queen Han Soo asked when she saw Eon Jin is in her silence. "Yes, Your  Highness... I'm just worried on what happened to Minister Min's family after his punishment." She said. "Did we have to send his wife and daughter to the government to be a servant? His younger daughter is just a kid, Your Highness.." She added.

Tae Pyung send her to his mother's chamber before he went to the southern palace. "I know you have a good and soft heart, Crown Princess." Queen Han Soo said and hold her hand. "But sometimes, you need to become a cold one on giving them a punishment. If we break the rules because we pity them, they will never learn on what they did." Queen Han Soo said. "It's also hard for the King to order that kind of punishment but they deserve it. They're all accomplice on Minister Min's evil plan." She said. Eon Jin is silently listening to her mother in law and ahe get her point. "You must learn on how to survive this stage. You must  learn to control your heart because your the future Queen of Silla. You will be the number one supporter of the future King and that is your husband." Queen Han Soo said. Eon Jin let out a small smile. "Arasso..." She said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

More Side story

(Weeks before Minister Min's death)

"Put this medicine on the Crown Princess' food and make sure she will eat it." Yu Shin said to one of the lady servant. "Yes, Your Higness.." She said.
"If you caught on doing that, tell them that Minister's Min is behind it, Arasso?" He said. "Arasso..." She said.

Prince Yu Shin smirked and drink his wine. "I must get rid of you Minister Min. Letting you live will be a burden to me." Yu Shin said. "If she'll succeed, I can rid the Crown Princess too with her unborn baby." He added and let out an evil laughter.

Wol Sook notice that the servant who is holding the tray with the foods for the Crown Princess is a little weird and distructed. She stop them from entering the Crown Prince's quarter. The servants look at her. Wol Sook pour some tea on a cup and gave it to the servant. "Drink to test if there's poison on it or none. This is for the Crown Princess' safety." She said. The servant immediately follow her and drink it. Wol sook smile when nothing happened to the servant. She look at the other one. "Take one bite on each food..." She said. "Ne?" The servant said. "Waeyo? This is a command from the Crown Prince." Wol Sook said. The servant with her trembling hand follow her. She taste the side dishes first followed by the main dish then she stop. "I think it's all safe for the Crown Princess..." The servant said. "Arasso..." Wol Sook said. The servant release a breath of relief. "Wait!" Wol sook said. "How about the rice? " She said. The servant gulped and she's having a second thought to taste it. Wol Sook is looking at her. She take a spoonful of it and she taste it with her trembling hand. Minutes has been passed, the servant suddenly fall and spit bloods from her mouth.

"Oh god! She's poisoned!" The other servant said. Wol Sook got shocked. Tae Pyung and Man Bok also saw it. He immediately approach Wol Sook. "Where's the Crown Princess?" He asked. "Luckily, she's asleep Your Royal Highness.." Wol Sook said. "Please hide this from her, I don't want her to get worried." Tae Pyung said. "Yes, Your Royal Higness..." Man Bok and Wol Sook said.