CHAPTER NINE

"The Selection process"

Tae Pyung is busy on studying his lessons inside the palace but at the same time he continuously hearing some news about Eon Jin through Man Bok. After what happened at the banquet, he command Man Bok to keep an eye to Eon Jin because of his curiosity about her. The more he knows about her and her doings, he didn't notice that he want to know her more.

He stop from his writing and he smile when he remember how Eon Jin didn't care about his status and let herself to speak what's on her mind. "She's feisty..." He murmured. Chief Eunuch Chi Su look at him when he heard it and Tae Pyung notice him as he seated properly and continue his doing.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Eon Jin is getting ready for the selection process. All the candidates must stay at the palace for five days and the selected one as a Crown Princess will stay there forever and the rest will be return to their own home.

She was looking at herself in a mirror while Wol Sook is packing her things that they will bring inside the palace.

General Son went inside to his daughter room with Lady Cheon Myeong. "You can back out now, If you want Eon Jin." General Son said. Cheon Myeong sit next to her and hold her hand. "Your father is right, don't force yourself if you didn't want to, Eon Jin. We are ready for the consequences than seeing you suffered inside the palace." Cheon Myeong said.

Eon Jin look at her father and mother. If her decision is still the same just like  before, she's willing to listen to them and take the consequences but, there's one thing that trigger her to push forward and finish what she's started. Her two brothers is standing infront of the door as they listen to their conversation.

"I'm alright, Abeonim... Eomma...." Eon jin said. "I'll go to the selection process..." She added. "Eon Jin! If you are thinking about our safety, well dont! As your father, let me protect you and this Family..." General Son said. Eon Jin let out a small smile. "It's not about that, Abeonim... I know you can protect us whenever I decide to back out but.... There's a reason that's why I wanted to go and join the selection process." Eon Jin said. General Son and his wife exchange glances and they return they eyes to Eon Jin. "Is this about that you want to help the needy? Eon Jin, you can help them even your not the Crown Princess... Just like what your doing right now." General Son said. Eon Jin look at herself to the mirror before she speak.

"Aside from that Abeonim, there's another reason why I still want to join the selection process..." Eon Jin said. "Yah! Eon Jin! Don't tell me that you had a feelings to the Crown Prince..." Il Woo said. "I hope she's not, The Crown Prince is a cold blooded Prince.." Joo Meok said.  Eon Jin didn't speak.

'I don't know what is this... Why he keeps running on my mind... But what I want right now is to get to know him more.... That's what my heart keep on saying...' ln her mind.

"I want to talk to her alone..." General Son said. Cheon Myeong look at her daughter before she went outside from Eon Jin's room with Il Woo and Joo Meok.

"Eon Jin, did you have feelings for the Crown Prince?" General Son asked. Eon Jin look at her father. "Abeonim..." She said. "Tell me the truth, Eon Jin..." He said. "I don't know, Abeonim... but my heart wants to know him more... There's something inside of me that wants to stay on his side..." Eon Jin said. General Son let out a deep sigh. He didn't want her daughter to live in the palace aside from fearing that the Royal family will know about her gift, he's afraid that Eon Jin might only hurt and suffer when she become the Crown Princess.