CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

"Returning to the Palace"

Side story

Eon Jin is already asleep while Tae Pyung couldn't sleep. She rested her head in his arms while Tae Pyung is wrapping his one hand on her. "Are you asleep, My Princess?" He whispered. Tae Pyung look at her and he smile, "Yah! How can you sleep in this kind of situation..." Tae Pyung said. Tae Pyung trying to release his arms to go outside when Eon Jin suddenly wrapped her arms to his waist. "Haist... I'm also a man, Eon Jin... It's hard for me to control myself..." Tae Pyung said and he gulped. They're both wearing only their white inner dress. Tae Pyung rested his head to the headboard and look to sleeping Eon Jin. He reach her hand and hold it. It is so soft and smooth, In Tae Pyung's mind. He look at her lips, and he was about to kiss her when Man Bok called him, "Your Royal Highness... Are you still awake?" Man Bok said. Tae Pyung release a heavy breath and pout his lips, "Yah! Perfect timing... Man Bok..." He said.

With his heavy feet, he walk towards the door and open it. "Your Royal Highness..." Man Bok said. "You know what, you and Wol Sook are so much alike... Maybe you're destined to each other.." Tae Pyung said. Man Bok look at him with puzzlement. "What do you mean, Your Royal Highness?" Man Bok said. Tae Pyung gave him a death glared before he walk to went outside.

He command Man Bok to investigate what happened to Eon Jin in the forest during the selection process after Eon Jin told him about it. "According to Wol Sook, Princess Eon Jin doesn't know about the assassin. But I got shocked when she told me about Lady Sora." Man Bok said. Tae Pyung look at him. "What about her?" Tae Pyung said. "She said, Princess Eon Jin asking a help to Lady Sora but Lady Sora pointed an arrow to her instead to help Princess Eon Jin." Man Bok said. "Her horse panicked when Lady Sora shot the horse, that's why Princess Eon Jin fell from her horse that time." He added. Tae Pyung clench his fist while listening to Man Bok. "Wol Sook also told me, that Lady Eon Jin was attacked by the assassin before she saw Lady Sora and the assassin found her again in the middle of the forest, Your Royal Highness... But Minister Woo Sung suddenly appear that's why Princess Eon Jin was safely back to the palace." He said. Tae Pyung got more furious towards to Sora. "She did it twice to Eon Jin.... Why Eon Jin didn't tell me about this?" Tae Pyung said.

"There's one more thing, Your Royal Highness..." Man bok said. Tae Pyung look at him. "What is it?" He asked. "I heard from one of the royal guard, that day the royal guard who was to be assigned to protect Princess Eon Jin, found dead at the west side of the palace. And her assassin pretend to be her royal guard that time. I think it was planned to hurt or worst to kill Princess Eon Jin, Your ROYAL Highness..." Man Bok said. Tae Pyung got shocked. "Who the hell behind this? Why they want to kill Princess Eon Jin?" He whispered.  "The King knew about it, Your Royal Highness...." Man Bok said. "My father knew this but he kept his silence? Why?" He said.

"Your Royal Highness... I think the Crown Princess is in danger if we stay here outside the palace... There's someone planning to hurt her, Your Royal Highness..." Man Bok said. Tae Pyung look at the sky. "I will never let you hurt her again, Sora..." Tae Pyung said. "Man Bok investigate more about what happened to Princess Eon Jin that day.... I want to know more..." Tae Pyung said. "Yes Your Royal Highness...." Man Bok said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present day

"My daughter, please always eat on time... I heard you've been so sad lately... Promise to me that you will always be happy inside the palace, arasso?" Lady Cheon Myeong said while caressing Eon Jin's long hair. Eon Jin hug her and she smile. "I will, Eomma.... You too, always wear your smile even though I'm not here beside you... Always take good care of yourself, Eomma... Hmm?" Eon Jin said. Lady Cheon Myeong nodded as she trying to control her tears and let out a small smile. "You must go, The Crown Prince is waiting for you outside..." Lady  Cheon Myeong said. "Our house is always open for you and for Tae Pyung whenever you want to stay here..." She added. "Yes, Eomma..." She said with a smile on her face.

Meanwhile, General Son amd Tae Pyung is waiting the two ladies outside. "Abeonim, thank you for letting us stay here in your house... I'll really appreciate your warm welcome me here and I will never forget the day when I first come in here." Tae Pyung said. General Son smile and tap his shoulder. "Your Royal Highness... It's our pleasure to let you stay here..." He said. "Thank you for taking care my daughter and  I see in her the happiness whenever she's with you..." General Son said. Tae pyung smile. "Abeonim, I'm sorry if I misjudged you before and I mistreated your daughter before..." Tae Pyung said. General Son got shocked when Tae Pyung suddenly take on his knees and make a bow. "I admit that I've been so harsh to her to the point that our first night together as a married couple has been so traumatic for her... I'm sorry..." He said.

Eon Jin went outside and saw Tae Pyung bended on his knees. "Your Royal Highness..." Eon Jin called. "Your Royal Highness..." General Son said. "I'm sorry Abeonim, I mistreated Princess Eon Jin but I swear it won't never happened again... Her happiness and her safety is more important to me now... Allow me to make it up for her, Abeonim..." He said.

Eon Jin eyes are now filled with tears. General Son look at her and she smile to her father. "Please stand up, Your Royal Highness... Your the Crown Prince and you shouldn't do that for a mere person like me." General Son said. "Aniyo! I committed a sin to you and to your daughter as well, so I must apologize to what I've done..." Tae Pyung said. General Son smile and held his hand to Tae Pyung. "Please take care of my daughter... And love her... You're her protector now, Tae Pyung.... Please protect my daughter... that's all I wanted..." General Son said. Tae Pyung smile, "I will, Abeonim..." He said.

Eon Jin cries because of the happiness she felt that time. Her hear melt because of the heart to heart talk between her father and Tae Pyung.

The two are inside the palanquin headed back to the palace. Tae Pyung still holding her hands and gently pressing it. "Your Royal Highness... Thank you..." Eon Jin said. Tae Pyung look at her. "For what, My Princess?" He asked. Eon Jin smile, "for what you said to Abeonim earlier... You make my heart fluttered and my mind feel at ease knowing that I'm also important to you just like you to me..." She said. Tae Pyung smile and gently kiss her. "You're my life, Princess... I'm  willing to risk it all to protect you..." He whispered. Eon Jin smile and hug him.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

In the palace

"Yes, Your Royal Highness... The crown prince and the crown Princess is on their way headed back here at the palace. Queen Han Soo said. The Queen Dowager is excited to see the two. "I hope staying at Son's Residence helped them to get close to each other..." The Queen Dowager said. Queen Han Soo smile. "You dearly love the Crown Princess, Your Royal Highness.." Queen Han Soo said and let out a small laugh. "Ofcourse I am... She's kind and sweet... I know she will be a better Queen in the future..." The Queen Dowager said. "Just like you, Queen Han Soo... She's also have a heart of a true Queen..." She added. Queen Han Soo blushed on what the Queen Dowager said. "Your Royal Highness thank you for your compliment but it's all because of you and your kindness to me..." She said. The Queen Dowager let out a small laugh. "Aigoo... I want to see them right now...." The Queen Dowager said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Author's note

☺️❤️❤️🥰 What a beautiful day today just like our two leads who are inlove deeply with each other... ☺️❤️ I just wondered when the intimate scene happen? Haha... 😅