CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

"CONCUBINE"

Side story

"Are you leaving?" Prince Yu Shin said. Woo Sung pack his things and decide to went to a place that far away from the palace. He admit that he still got affected to see Eon Jin and Tae Pyung together . "Yes..." He said. "How about your work here as a minister?" Yu Shin asked. "I will talk to the King about that, Abeonim.." Woo Sung said.

"So are really want to get over to the Crown Princess.... Well that's good." Yu Shin said while drinking his alcohol. Woo Sung didn't speak. "But I felt pity for her, you're the only one who really care for her inside the palace. But you decide to leave her." Yu Shin said. "Especially now, It's look like the Crown Prince's wish will come true." Yu Shin said. Woo Sung stop from his doing and Yu Shin smirked when it seem that his son is still affected when it comes to Eon Jin.

"What do you mean, Abeonim?" Woo Sung said. Yu Shin walk towards the balcony before he speak. "It's not new for us that the Crown Prince is have a feelings towards to Lady Sora. When Princess Eon Jin become the Crown Princess, the Crown Prince came to me broken." He said. Woo Sung is silently listening to his father. "Have you ever wondered why the crown prince is never reject Princess Eon Jin to be the Crown Princess?" He said. Woo Sung smirked. "Abeonim.... Maybe the Crown Prince respect the palace rules that's why he never go against about Princess Eon Jin to be a Crown Princess." Woo Sung said.

Yu Shin smirked and he expected it that his son is not easy to lure. "I will believe you if I didn't know what the Crown Prince is true intention..." Yu Shin said. Woo Sung look at him. "The crown prince knows that he can still have Lady Sora as his concubine... And the Crown Princess is nothing but just a puppet for him, Woo Sung." Yu Shin said. "He wants Lady Sora to be his concubine with my help." Yu Shin said. Woo Sung clench his fist. "No, I will talk to the crown prince... I know he has a valid reason for this." Woo Sung said. "For what? My Son, you think he will tell you about it? No, because he knows that you have a feeling for Princess Eon Jin..." Yu Shin said. "He knows that you will go against to his plan." Yu shin said.

Woo Sung started to get furious towards on what he learn but at the same time, knowing Tae Pyung he maybe cold but he always has a valid reason. Yu Shin knows that it would be hard for him to brainwashed his son. "Like you, I also trust the crown prince that he will treat Princess Eon Jin fair and good, but I was wrong. " Yu Shin said. He smiled secretly when he saw that Woo Sung got affected when it comes to Eon Jin situation.

Yu Shin tap his shoulder, "My Son, If you really care about her... You must take her away from them. The palace is not a better place for Princess Eon Jin..." He said. "Princess Eon Jin is just like a daughter to me, that's why I'm so worried about her." He added before he leave him alone in the room.

Woo Sung clench his fist and trying to control his anger. Now, he regret why he reject the arrangement marriage between them before. If he only knows that she will be the Crown Princess, he will never ever reject the arrangement marriage between him and Eon Jin. He will treat her right if he will be her husband.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present day

When the two reach the Crown Prince's quarters, Eon Jin pull her hand and Tae Pyung look at her. "Eon Jin.." He called. "I know being the future king of Silla, you must have a concubine, Tae Pyung... But... I didn't expect this from me... that It will really hurt my feelings..." Eon Jin said and her tears slowly escape from her eyes. Tae Pyung reach her and hug her. "It will never be happen, just trust in me, Eon Jin..." He whispered. He caress her face and look at her eyes, "Please trust me... Eon Jin... I'm willing to defy any tradition or rules just to make sure that you never get hurt." He added. Eon Jin hug him tightly and close her eyes to feel his warm hug. "I'll trust you, Tae Pyung... But the world is cruel, you think they will let us live according to what we wanted?" She said. "I know it will never be easy but trust my love for you..." Tae Pyung said. "You're the only woman who I wanted to be on my side, to sleep with and be the mother of my children... No one will have my heart now except you... Always remember that Eon Jin..." Tae Pyung said. He got worried that her trust for him will be shaken because of his past with Sora. Eon Jin smile and hug him tightly, "My heart knows that your feeling for me is all true... That's why I trust you..." She said.

"Your Royal Highness..." Eon Jin said. They decided to have some walk outside to relax. "I told you, call me in ny name... Crown Princess..." Tae Pyung said. Eon Jin let out a small laugh. "Tae Pyung..." She said. Tae Pyung let out a wide smile with his dimple on his face. "What is it?" He asked. Eon Jin look at him, "The Queen Dowager told me that you didn't want me to go back in my chamber..." Eon Jin said. Tae Pyung smile and hold her hand. "Yes that's right... I want you to stay with me..." He said and they stop from their walk and look to each other. "I told you, I'm willing to defy any tradition and rules for you, Eon Jin... To make you feel safe and love..." Tae Pyung said. Eon Jin feel happy and contented to his word. " That's why you are not allow to leave my quarter and... To leave me, Eon Jin..." He added. Eon Jin smile with her pair of eye smile, "Yah! My Crown Prince is so possessive this past few weeks... But I do like it..." Eon Jin said. She caress his face and look at him through the eyes, "Arasso, whatever happens I'm always be within your sight...." She said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Weeks later

The King with the Crown Prince to face all the ministers and their appeals. Tae Pyung started to get annoyed when the appeal on having of a concubine continue to arised. The King look at to the Crown Prince and by watching his mood he didn't like what he's been heard. The Crown Prince remind him his younger days, when he fight everyone for Queen Han Soo.

"Your Majesty.... Your Royal Highness... The Crown Prince must have at least one concubine to strengthen the throne. The Crown Princess couldn't give her many heirs that the Crown Prince must have." Minister Min said.

Prince Yu Shin in one corner is observing the tention inside while Tae Pyung is getting furious on what he's hearing right now.

"Your Majesty.... Please listen to our request.... This is for the future of Silla..." Some of the Ministers said.

"Aniyo!" The Crown Prince shouted. The King got startled and trying to calm him down but Tae Pyung ignored his father and he stand up. "I'm the Crown Prince of this nation so I must be the one to decide if I will have a concubine or not!" He said.

Minister Min smirked. "Your Royal Highness... But also as the Crown Prince, you must think what is good for the throne and to Silla than to your own personal emotions." He said.

Tae Pyung clench his fist. And he control his anger towards to Minister Min especially now that he learned that he's the one who's behind in attempt assassination to Eon Jin before.

"Minister Min, did you heard the sayin... 'Know when you shut your mouth... especially when you have a secret to hide...'?" Tae Pyung said.

All of them becomes silent even the King and they are all got curious on what Tae Pyung wanted go say.

"What?" Minister Min said. Tae Pyung smirked. "Fine! Continue to push your appeal about the concubine.... And I'll continue my investigation about the assassination attempt to Princess Eon Jin before..." Tae Pyung said. Minister Min become pale as he gulped. Tae Pyung walk towards to Minister Min and he whispered. "You know what I mean, Minister Min.... Not only you, but your daughter is also involved on it, Am I right?" He said. He smirked as he trying to control himself to punch him. Base on his reaction, he's the real person behind on what happened to Eon Jin at the forest. The King also got shocked that Tae Pyung is doing an investigation about it without informing him.

Tae Pyung go back to his seat and smile at the King. The King smile back to him and let him end their meeting.
"I don't want to have a concubine and that's my decision as the Crown Prince of Silla. Is anyone here is against to my decision?" Tae Pyung said. Minister Min and some of the Ministers are all keeping their silence.
Tae Pyung smirked. "That's all for today, Your Majesty... I think the majority are agreed on me..." He said.

Prince Yu Shin clench his fist. 'You become smarter now... Tae Pyung...' In his mind.

Woo Sung is trying to read Tae Pyung's mind and what his real intention to Eon Jin. 'Tae Pyung... Are you really inlove with her?' In his mind.