CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Getting to Know"

They seated under the  tree at the backyard of the temple. It is full of different kinds of flowers infront of them. No one speaking and they both remain in silent and wait for each other to see if who's going to start a conversation. Tae Pyung gathered all his courage to speak first.

"Princess Eon Jin..."
"Your Royal Highness..."

They both look at each other and laugh because of it. "Go ahead, Your Royal Highness... I'm listening..." Eon Jin said. Tae Pyung smile as he look at her. Until now he couldn't believe that she's beside him and alive. "I'm sorry..." He said. Eon Jin look at him, "for not recognizing me sooner?" Eon Jin said. Tae Pyung shake his head, "Ani..." He said. Eon Jin look at him with puzzlement. "For misjudging you and for my behaviour in our first night as a couple..." He said. "You don't deserve that kind of treatment... And I'm so sorry..." Tae Pyung said. Eon Jin didn't speak and look at the flowers. "Apology accepted, Your Royal Highness..." Eon Jin said. She look at to Tae Pyung in his eyes before she speak again. "I'll understand what you are feeling that time... I know it's frustrating that the woman who's with you that night is not the one who you really love..." Eon Jin said and smile. "But Your Royal Highness... Rest assured that I will never be the gap between you and Lady Sora.... Even I'm your Crown Princess, I know where to stand and where my place is..." Eon Jin said as she trying to hide her pain. "Princess Eon Jin..." Tae Pyung said. Eon Jin extend her hands, "let's start again and be friends Your Royal Highness... For the future of Silla... The Queen Dowager told me that the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess must unite as one for the people of Silla." She said. Tae Pyung look at her hands, 'Friends?..' In his mind and look at her eyes. Tae Pyung reach her hand and hold it. Eon Jin felt an unknown connection without her knowing Tae Pyung also feel the same way.

'This is way better than before...' In Eon Jin's mind.

'Why I keep wanting to know her more?... This way better to get to know you more, Son Eon Jin!' In Tae Pyung's mind.

"Are you done talking?" So Hee said. Eon Jin and Tae Pyung immediately pull their hands from each other's hand. " I miss Eonnie and I want to talk to her but Tae Pyung Oppa interrupt us..." She added. Eon Jin let out a peel of Laughters and walk towards to So Hee. "So your Princess So Hee of Silla... I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, Your Highness.." Eon Jin said and show respect to her. "Eonnie stop it! Please can we talk just like before, hmm... Eon Jin Eonnie???" So Hee said with her puppy eye. Eon Jin laugh, "Yes, Princess So Hee but I need to go back to the palace... I promise to Queen Han Soo that I'll return before it's get dark." Eon Jin said.

"Let's go back together... I will not allowed you to go back alone..." Tae Pyung said. Eon Jin look at him trying to read his mind. "I mean, join us... Princess So Hee will return too at the palace..." He said. "Oppa is right, please Eonnie... It's dangerous if we let you go alone... Ride on my palanquin.." So Hee said. Eon Jin smile with her pair of eye smile and Tae Pyung unknowingly smile while watching her. "Arasso, My So Hee..." Eon Jin said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

"What? The Crown Prince didn't return last night?" Queen Han Soo said. "Yes, Your Highness..." The Royal court lady said. "Who's with him the whole night?" Queen Han Soo said. "They said that the Crown Prince went outside to see Lady Sora so they guess he's with Lady Sora the whole night, Your Highness." The lady said. "Is the Crown Princess knows it?" She asked.  Queen Han Soo felt pity for the Crown Princess but at the same time she's also understand what the Crown Prince is feeling right now. "I think so, Your Highness..." The lady said.

"Tell the Crown Prince that I need to talk to him when he return" She said.

Meanwhile, they are all returned safety  to the palace. "Oh! Princess So Hee..." Queen Han Soo said happily and hug her daughter. The King was happily smile while watching his wife and daughter. The Queen Dowager suddenly appear in the central hall. She rush towards to them when she heard that Princess So Hee is now back at the palace.

"My pretty Princess... Halmeoni miss you so much..." The Queen Dowager said and approach her granddaughter. "Halmeoni... I miss you too..." So Hee said.

"Is it true that you're sickness was already gone?" The King said. So Hee smile as she nodded. "Yes, Abeonim... That's why I'm here... I'm healthy and happy more than before. " So Hee said as she chuckled. Eon Jin smile as she was so happy for So Hee. She didn't notice that Tae Pyung looking at her.

"Abeonim, Eomma and Halmeoni... I was so surprised that Eon Jin Eonnie is the new Crown Princess... That's why Im so happy to be back here at the palace knowing that she's always with me now and I will saw her everyday." So Hee said and look at her. "How did you two met?" The Queen Dowager asked. "Ah... Last time I saw her at the temple. She was so sad and I don't know why..." So Hee said and her smile faded. Eon Jin startled on what So Hee said. And all of them are now looking at her.

"Crown Princess, are you okay? We're family now... You can tell us anything.." Queen Han Soo said. Eon Jin smile, "Yes, Your Highness... I'm fine... That day... Uhm... I'm just exhausted when Princess So Hee saw me.." Eon Jin said. Queen Han Soo let out a small smile and look at to Tae Pyung. "Crown Prince... You must take care your wife... Be good on her and listen to her whenever she needs someone to listen.." Queen Han Soo said. Eon Jin look at to Tae Pyung and she feel guilty. "I agree to Queen Han Soo..." The Queen Dowager said.

"Your Majesties...Crown Prince has been good to me..." Eon Jin said but Tae Pyung interrupt her. "I'm sorry Your Majesties.... I admit that I was wrong to let her live alone while she's still learning to live here in the palace.." Tae Pyung said. And all of them are all surprised even Eon Jin. Tae Pyung look at her before he speak. "I promise that it will never happened again.... I'll try to be with her all the time..." He added without taking away his eyes to Eon Jin. Eon Jin felt that her heart is melting because of what he said. She immediately look away to avoid his gazed. 'What's wrong with him??? Is he on drugs?...' In her mind.

The Queen Dowager and Queen Han Soo exchange glances and they smile. "That's good to here, Crown Prince... General Son and his family got worried that his daughter will live miserable in the palace, and I also don't want that to happen..." The King said. "I hope you too are get along well.." He added.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Tae Pyung is still outside after he walk with Eon Jin towards to her chamber. He still standing outside while looking at Eon Jin's room. "Your Royal Highness... Let's go back to your quarters. It's cold here outside." Man Bok said. "Give me a minute...." He said. 'Eon Jin... I'll make up to you, I promise... Have a goodnight, Princess Eon Jin...' In his mind.

When the lights are off, Tae Pyung decide to walk towards to his quarter.

On the other hand, Eon Jin couldn't sleep as she keep tossing on her bed. She keeps wondering on Tae Pyung suddenly change of mood. "Maybe because I saved him before and he feel guilty on our first night together..." She whispered. "That's it! Yah! Son Eon Jin! Don't assume more than that! Someone already have his heart... " She said. But then, she smile how the Crown Prince assured her that it will never happened what he did before.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Author's note

❤️❤️❤️❤️ The ship is sailing... 😊❤️😁