CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Physician Kwon"

"I can help them even I'm not a Crown Princess. My life is fun living outside the palace... I can sneak whenever I want...and..." Eon Jin said and her smile faded as she try to motivate herself to stop and back out. "The Crown Prince will be happy if he didn't see... He will be happier if Sora will be the Crown Princess..." She added. "I have no place in his heart..." She said with a sad tone in her voice.

She accidentally bumped into someone. "Ahjussi, are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't notice you."She said. The man in his fifty's look at her. "It seems your a noble lady, I'm surprised that you apologize to someone in a lower rank just like me." The man said. Eon Jin let out a small smile. "Ahjussi, we're living in the same world, maybe I'm just lucky because I've been born in this rank of the society but for me, all of us are equal and must respect each other." Eon Jin said. The man got shocked. This is the first time he saw a noble lady who not afraid or hesitate to talk a drunk man in lower rank.

"I have to go, Ahjussi..." Eon Jin said and walk passed through him. The man look at her from a far then he let out a wide smile.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

"Abeonim.... I need him right now!" Sora said to his father. They talk in secret because of the rules, the candidate must stay away from her family for a while. "Physician Kwon is left his house years ago... No one knows where he is.." Minister Min said. "Eotteoke! What I'm gonna do? I need him to be the Crown Princess....Arghh!" Sora said as she stamped her feet. "Eon Jin is still alive, Abeonim..." Sora said. "I know... There's someone who help her at the forest." He said. Sora look at her father. "She saw me, Abeonim... But she didn't tell it to anyone except to her servant." Sora said. Minister Min frowned. "You must win to get rid of her. And I'll do what I can to get rid of her permanently." He said. "But you're ahead of them. You had a sketch of physician Kwon's face... So go and find him." He said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Tae Pyung is in Lady Sora's chamber. He's still thinking about his dream earlier. "Why it's not Lady Sora that I saw in my dream...." He said. "Your Royal Highness...." Man Bok called. "It seems Lady Eon Jin decide to back out..." He said. Tae Pyung got shocked as he stood up. "How did you that?" Tae Pyung said. "I follow her but she never search for physician Kwon. " Man Bok said. "Your Royal Highness.... Can I ask you a question." Chi Su said. "What is it?" Tae Pyung said. "It seems you're stalking Lady Eon Jin.... This is the first time you waste your time for someone..." Chi Su said. Tae Pyung let out a small laugh. "Yah! I didn't stalk her... I'm just curious on her and I also do the same to Lady Sora." He said. Chi Su and Man Bok laugh. "Why are you laughing?" He asked. "We're sorry Your Royal Highness.... But you never did that to Lady Sora and you keep telling us you don't stalk her but... You always keep an eye on her through Man Bok." Chi Su said. Tae Pyung open his fan because he suddenly feel hot. "Because I just want to know if she has an evil plan to the Royal family, that's all!" He said. "Aigoo... It's hot here... I think I need to walk outside." He added as he walk outside from the room. Man Bok and Chi Su are laughing. "Yah! I heard you both!" Tae Pyung shouted.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Eon Jin stop when she heard someone asking for help. She step down on her horse and walk where the voice is. She got shocked when she saw a pregnant woman. "Help me... Please, help me..." The woman said. Eon Jin immediately approach her. "I need to go to the small shelter, please help me." The woman said with her weak voice. She saw a small kids beside the woman. "Wait here..." She said.

She borrow the cart from some vendor in the market.

On the other hand, The Queen Dowager approach Master Kim. "Do you think they can ask physician Kwon to return here at the palace?" The Queen Dowager said. "Honestly, I really don't know if they can lure physician Kwon to return here. But one thing is for sure, physician Kwon can Vision a person's future. If he sees something on one of the ladies, I know he will surely went here and ask your audience, Your Highness..." Master Kim said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Eon Jin look at the sky while riding the horse with a cart behind it and the pregnant woman and her kid is on the cart. It's getting late but she still don't know where physician Kwon is and aside from it, there's someone asking for help and she couldn't stand to ignore her.

It's getting dark when they reach the small shelter. A man approach them and carry the pregnant woman. "Call Master Si Won..." The man said to a boy. The boy run fast towards to one room while the man carry the woman and went to another room. The kid is still crying, Eon Jin carry him. "Don't worry... Your mother and your sibling will be okay, Arasso? Hmm?" Eon Jin said as she trying to calm him down.

Master Si Won is looking at her from a far without her knowing. She accidentally look at to him and got shocked, "Oh! Ahjussi!" She said when she saw the drunk man on the market earlier. "Master! She's here." The man said to Master Si Won. Eon Jin approach him, "ahjussi... You are Master Si Won? The one he's talking about?" Eon Jin said with her wide eyes. "Let's talk later, Young lady..." He said.

Hours have been passed when Master Si Won went outside the room. "How is she? How's her baby?" Eon Jin said. "Are you her relatives?" Master Si Won asked. "I'm not... I'm just send her here..." Eon Jin said. Master Si Won let out a small laugh. "You care as if you are her relatives.." He said. Eon Jin let out an awkward smile. "Do you know her relatives?" He asked as he went to the well to wash his hands. "This kid is on her side when I saw her... But I don't know her.." Eon Jin said. Master Si Won stop and look at her. "You don't know her but you still here and waiting for her? Why?" He asked. Eon Jin didn't expect his question. "Honestly, I don't know what to answer but I want to make sure she's safe before I leave... " She said.

Master Si Won invite her and the kid for dinner. "Eat... You will see your mother after you eat.." Master Si Won said to the kid. He look at to Eon Jin, "You should eat too.. you seem so exhausted." He said. Eon Jin smile, "Thank you, Ahjussi..." She replied.  "Lady Eon Jin... I heard you're one of the noble ladies who will move to the last round for the selection process.." Master Si Won said. Eon Jin let out a small smile, "Yes.." she said. "This day is the last part of the process, right? Are you backing out?" He asked.

Eon Jin look at him as she try to find the answer on his questions. "Honestly, I had a second thought earlier... Then I decide to finish what I started but... In the middle of my search, I found her helpless on the road." She said. Master Si Won laugh. "Waeyo?" She said. "If I we're you, I'll still go even I see someone needed a help." He said. Eon Jin look at him with puzzlement, "what? Did I heard it right?" She asked. "If you always available for everyone, you cannot move forward... Come to think of it... Even you ignore her there's so many people who will see her and help her, get it?" He said. Eon Jin raised her eyebrow. "I'm sorry but we have a different views and opinions.." She said. Master Si Won look at her, "then what's yours?" He asked. "I don't care if I'll lost in the selection process, I don't care if I will not to be the Crown Princess... What matters to me is to help the needy..." She said. "I couldn't stand to ignore them even I know that I can help them... That's what my parents taught me... The purpose of human life is to serve, to show compassion and the will to help others." She said. Master Si Won smirked. "But you'll be a weak Crown Princess if you always kind and ready to help others just like that..." He said. "Aniyo! The strongest people is willing to help others even they're struggling on their own. That's why, I pray who will be the future Crown Princess, she may have a heart for the people of Silla..." She said.

Master Si Won let out a small smile. 'I think... I found the right one for the throne...' In his mind.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Author's note

Sorry for delayed upload 😁🤭😊 did I waited you too long? Anyways thank you guys for continue supporting all of my stories... Kamsahamnida!!