CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"The Crown Prince's move"

Side story

"You can't have a good woman twice, Your Royal Highness... That's why make sure to clear your thoughts and hold on to the treasure that is infront of your eyes." Woo Sung said. "It's that your reason why you wanted to see me?" Tae Pyung said. Woo Sung sip on his tea. "Honestly, yes... I'm here to make sure Princess Eon Jin will not get hurt because of you and Lady Sora. If she's going to tell me to get her away from here.. I will do it without hesitation to make sure she will live her life happy and no regrets." Woo Sung said in his serious bariton voice. Tae Pyung clench his fist and look at his cousin intently. Woo Sung stood up and take a bow, "That's all, Your Royal Highness... I will take my leave now..." Woo Sung said. He was about to leave when Tae Pyung suddenly speak.

"Who said that to you that I will let her leave?" Tae Pyung said. "Hyung, you must know where you stand. The Crown Princess is my wife. And this is my word for you.... I will not let anyone who will take her away from me." He said. Woo Sung look at him. "It's not your responsibility for her happiness.... It's my job as her husband to make sure she's happy and safe...." Tae Pyung said. Woo Sung smirked, "Before you tell me about that, you must know what is Princess Eon Jin to you, what her place in your heart... Your Royal Highness..." Woo Sung said.

"I'm willing to risk everything for her... And that's my answer! I hope you stop looking at her with those wistful eyes..." Tae Pyung said in his serious bariton voice.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present days

"Your Majesty.... Hear us... Let the Crown Prince have a concubine for the bettet future of Silla." One of the Minister said. Prince Yu Shin who is standing in one corner smirked. "It's not time to talk about that..." The King said. "Let the Crown Prince decide about it..." He added. "But Your Majesty... The Crown Prince and the Crown Princess must have their heirs however, it's impossible right now. We heard that the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess they never spend their nights together..." One of the Minister said. The King frowned while listening. "You need to secure the throne, Your Majesty... What if will happen again like what happened to the late Crown Prince Tae Hyun? What will you do, Your Majesty?" Minister Min said. "So we suggest to have concubine for the Crown Prince, Your Majesty.... To secure the throne and the future of Silla." He added.

"Your Majesty.... It's early to decide and talk about it. Let the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to decide about that... I'm sure they will have heir soon... I witnessed how their relationship improve day by day..." Minister Kim said. "Your Royal Highness... I will talk to my daughter regarding that matter but may I suggest to trust the Crown Prince and Crown Princess for now..." General Son said. The King smile before he speak. "Let's not talk about this issue for a while.... Let the Crown Prince and Crown Princess get along together for now..." The King said.

Prince Yu Shin get furious especially to General Son. 'I will make sure to get rid of you and your daughter out of the palace... General Son...' In his mind.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Princess Eon Jin is having a fun time at the backyard of the palace. They planted  some flower seeds on it. "Crown Princess and Princess So Hee your hands will get dirty...." Wol Sook said. "We're okay on it, Wol sook Eonnie..." So Hee said. Wol Sook smile but she get worried that the Queen Dowager saw them and scold her because she let the two princesses on their doing. "Eonnie, your hand is so pretty..." So hee said. Eon Jin smile, "Just like your little hands, Princess So Hee." Eon Jin replied. So Hee look at her. "Did Tae Pyung Oppa tell you that you're so pretty?" So Hee said. Eon Jin startled and she recall the day on the study room and she suddenly having a hiccups. "I think you're inlove to my brother..." So Hee continue to tease her. "Aniyo!" Eon Jin said but Wol Sook couldn't control her laughter because she knew about Eon Jin's feeling towards to Tae Pyung. "Oh my! Wol Sook Eonnie laugh so I guess my instinct was right!" So Hee continue. "Yah!" Eon Jin said and she immediately stood up when she felt that her face is now getting red but she lost her balance and she's about to fall on the ground when someone grab her on her waist and catch her.

The sunlight cover his face but his broad shoulders somewhat familiar to her. "I got you, My Princess..." Tae Pyung said. They eyes met and the surrounding seems stop. Their heart beats as one for the first time. "Your Royal Highness..." She unknowingly called. Tae Pyung smile while looking at her and he pull her waist closer to him.

So Hee and Wol Sook are smiling while watching the two. "Oh, they're forgot about us..  we're just here..." So Hee said. "Your Highness.... It seems that they don't care about us, let's leave them and wash your hands." Wol Sook said. "You're right Wol Sook Eonnie... Let's go..." So Hee said.

They still staring to each other for a minute without any blink. "It seems you love what your seeing, My Princess..." Tae Pyung teased her. He smile because he heard how So Hee teased her and how the Crown Princess react. Eon Jin immediately release her body from his hold and she stood up properly. "Thank You for catching me, Your Royal Highness..." Eon Jin said and she let out a small smile. Tae Pyung smile with his dimples. "Now you know I'm willing to catch you..." Tae Pyung said. Eon Jin look at him with puzzlement, "What do you mean?" She said. Tae Pyung smile mischievously as he look at her. He move his face closer to her and Eon Jin got startled because it's only an inch between them and she already feel her heart is pounding. "I mean, don't try to control your feelings, Princess Eon Jin... I feel the same way just like what you're feeling right now, My Princess...." Tae Pyung said while looking at her without any blink. Eon Jin couldn't speak and Tae Pyung smile as he find her cute when she's blushing. He pinch her on her nose, "Yah!" She said.  "You're cute..." He said. Eon Jin rolled her eyes and she immediately walk away because of shyness she felt. But she smiling while walking towards to where her chamber is.

Tae Pyung look at her from a far and let out a small laughters. "Thanks for my dear Halmeoni... I have a pretty and kind Crown Princess.... I won't let you go, Eon Jin... This is only the start of courting you..." Tae Pyung said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

The Queen Dowager get annoyed when she heard that some of the minister push to have a concubine for the Crown Prince. "Your Royal Highness... Please calm down... King Tae Shin control the situation earlier.. so don't worry about it. " Queen Han Soo said. "Queen Han Soo, for now they will stop but I assure you, they will suggest it again and again." The Queen Dowager said. "Ofcourse, I'll understand them. The Crown Prince must have a concubines to secured his thrones by producing many heirs. But, how about the Crown Princess... They're started to see each other's worth and I don't want to ruin it." She said. Queen Han Soo understand what The Queen Dowager's point and she clearly see how the Queen Dowager dearly love Eon Jin.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Author's note

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I feel like I'm the one who is melting in Tae Pyung's moved.... I wanna replace Eon Jin in this story... 😅😅😅