CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

"Mi Deok's Letter"

Side story

Tae Pyung got surprised when Eon Jin didn't welcome him at the front door when he arrived at their quarters. He immediately enters the room and release a breath of relief when he saw her sleeping rested her head at the table. "Your Royal Highness..." Wol Sook greet him with her lower voice. "She's sleepy all the time because of her pregnancy..." Wol Sook said. Tae Pyung smile, "It's okay... You must be tired, Wol Sook... You should take a rest now and I will take care of her." Tae Pyung said. Wol Sook smile, "Thank You, Your Royal Highness... I'll take my leave now." Wol Sook said before she went outside the room.

Tae Pyung reach her face and caress it. "Such a sleeping goddess infront of me..." He whispered. He kiss her on her forehead and he smile when Eon Jin unknowingly smiled. He carry her and careful walk towards to where their bed is. He careful lay her down on the bed and before he cover the blanket on her, he touch her belly. "How are you, my precious child? Thank you for being good to your Eomma today..." He said. He kiss her on her belly as he smiling, "I love you... I'm so excited to meet you little one..." He whispered.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present days

Wol Sook immediately stand infront of her as she trying to stop her. "Your Highness please... The Crown Prince will get mad if I let you go outside." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin let out a deep sigh, "Wol Sook please... I need to go there... What if Mi joo is there and waiting for her older sister. She must know what happened to Mi Deok." Eon Jin said. "But Your Highness... You're safety comes first." Wol Sook said. "Fine, I'll let you go there but please let's wait to Minister Woo Sung." She added. "Wait for him and tell him where I am... I'll go there first..." Eon Jin said. And she immediately walk fast through her. "Yah! Your Highness... You cant walk just like that... Aigoo!" Wol Sook said as she immediately follow her.

Meanwhile, Woo Sung and Tae Pyung are on the library. "It seems like your exhausted Your Royal Highness..." Woo Sung said. Tae Pyung look at him and let out a small smile. "Did I? Honestly, I didn't have enough sleep this past few weeks." He said. Woo Sung is silently listening to him. "I've been so busy with the King in some appeals that we need to study, plus the investigation on what happened to the Crown Princess and in Mi Deok's death. Princess Eon Jin didn't believe that she hang herself and take her own life." Tae Pyung added. Woo Sung pour a small amount of tea on Tae Pyung 's cup before he speak. "We will catch the culprit soon so don't be harsh on yourself. You should rest, Your Royal Highness and why don't you take a break with Princess Eon Jin." Woo Sung suggested. Tae Pyung look at him. "Knowing her, she must be bored today without you on her side. Your Royal Highness, Princess Eon Jin had a carefree life before so I think she miss to walking around outside the palace." He said.

Tae Pyung understand his point but at the same time he felt a little bit jealous because there's a lot of things about Eon Jin that Woo Sung knew. "Thanks for your advice, Hyung... I will do it..." He said. Woo Sung smile, "Don't worry I'll help you for the investigation. I'll already sent some of my men to gather some evidence." Woo Sung said. Tae Pyung release a sincere smile. "You're a big help for us, Hyung..." He said. "Make sure to treat me an expensive alcohol after this..." Woo Sung said jokely. The two men both laugh.

,⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

"You still didn't find that kid?" Minister Min said and he started to get annoyed. His two men didn't speak. "You need to find Mi Joo before the Crown Prince find her. She must die just like her older sister." Minister Min said. "Yes, Master..." The two men said before they immediately went outside the room.

Sora approach her father when the two men left. "Abeonim..." She said. Minister Min look at her. "What are you doing here?" He said. "I think I couldn't wait any longer to be on the Crown Prince's side." She said. Minister Min look at her as he stood up. "So what are you trying to do?" Minister Min asked. Sora let take a deep breath before she speak. "Please do something to take me inside the palace." Sora said. Minister Min laugh and make fun to his daughter. "Sora, are you being serious? You want me to help you to get inside the palace for the sake of your obsession to the Crown Prince?" Minister Min said. "I don't have time to your lousy plan, Sora!" He added. He walk passed through her but he stop when Sora suddenly speak up. "Please, Abeonim... If you let me, I'll do everything to seduce the Crown Prince and kill the Crown Princess." She said. Minister Min turn around to face her. "You heard it right, Abeonim... I will kill her with my own hands just to take back what is mine..." She said. Minister Min smirked.

On the other hand, Eon Jin reach the maple tree that Mi Deok is talking about before she died. With her teary eyes she walk towards the tree and touch it. "Mi Deok... I'm here..." She whispered. "Your Highness.... Let's go back inside. If the Crown Prince will knew about this, he will scold me for letting you go outside the palace." Wol Sook said but Eon Jin ignored her. She seated on the ground under the tree and look at the palace view. "Wol Sook, I need to find Mi Joo... Is there any updates where she is?" Eon Jin asked. Wol Sook walk and come closer to her. "Sadly, there's still no update on where she is, Your Highness... But I heard the Crown Prince continue to search for her just like what you requested." Wol Sook said.

Wol Sook notice something on the tree. "Your Highness look!" Wol Sook said. Eon Jin immediately stood up and look where Wol Sook is looking. "Your name engraved here..."Wol Sook said.

Eon Jin immediately read it and touch it and she notice some words are engraved below her name.

Eon Jin,

Did you know about the story of a sad princess under the maple tree?

Eon Jin got surprised. "Who's the one who did this? It seems a letter for you, Your Highness..." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin didn't speak as she trying to recall about that story. "Wol Sook, did you know this story?" She asked. "Yes, Your Highness... It's a sad story of a princess who is patiently waiting for his prince to love her but she get tired and hurt when the Prince continue to ignore her feelings and chose the concubine instead of her." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin look at her, "Then what happened next..." She asked. "She hung herself under the maple tree. And it's too late for the prince to know about her genuinely feelings towards him. He saw a letter from her that hid under the ground near the maple tree and he read it." Wol Sook continue.

Eon Jin got confused and return her eyes to the words. "Your Highness.... Maybe someone has a linger feelings for you that's why he engraved it." Wol Sook said. "But my instincts is telling me that it was from Mi Deok..." Eon Jin said. "Your Highness, she's already dead... You must forget about her. And we must return to the palace before the Crown Prince will know that we're here outside." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin let out a deep sigh, "Arasso... Maybe I couldn't accept the fact that she's dead, that's why I still see her on my dreams." Eon Jin said. "let's go, Your Highness..." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin smile as she nodded.

When they're about to leave, Eon Jin stop as she suddenly recall the story. "Wol Sook, in the story... Before the princess hung herself, did she wrote a letter and hid it under the maple tree?" Eon Jin asked. Wol Sook nodded. Eon Jin go back to the tree and look again to the letters that qas engraved on it. "Your Highness..." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin's heart pounding as she get what it means. She immediately look around to search for some clues. "Your Highness what are you doing?" Wol Sook said but Eon Jin ignored her and continue on her doings.

Eon Jin stop when she notice a large stone. She immediately approach it and move the stone. "Your Highness..." Wol Sook said. "I know there's something hidden from that letter." Eon Jin said. She started to dig and to her surprised there's a box that hid under the ground. Wol Sook eyes got widen as she get surprised too.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️