6.3 - He looked like a vixen when he smiled

Xie Yufei introduced the three of them to each other. Huo Xiao was the head disciple, and he was a bit aloof, so he only said hello to him lightly.

  However, Rong He seemed to be somewhat interested in him and said with a smile: "Young Taoist Master Yan is really a warm-hearted person who is willing to put himself in danger for an unrelated mortal."

  "We practitioners should kill demons and uphold justice." Bai Shuyan replied.

  Rong He showed an approving look and said sincerely, "A role model for our generation."

  "Fellow Taoist, you are ridiculous. In fact, I also have selfish motives." Bai Shuyan knew that the timing of his appearance was a bit coincidental, so he pretended to be embarrassed and said, "We casual cultivators are not like disciples of a sect, and we have no resources for cultivation. You can only rely on yourself to fight for it. Of course, you can't be afraid of difficulties and dangers. Where there is danger, there are often opportunities. To be honest, I also want to take advantage of the opportunity to find some benefits."

  "As long as you are eliminating harm for the people, some selfish motives are not worth mentioning." Rong He smiled, as if he understood very well.

  "Yes." Xie Yufei nodded in agreement.

  Still "yeah". Bai Shuyan looked at the carefree Xie Yufei and thought to himself, "You should be more attentive. The protagonist's palace can hold a hundred of you."

  "You arrived half a day before us, can you get any useful information?" Huo Xiao was impatient and asked at this time.

  "When I came here, I learned some information from the village chief." Bai Shuyan said: "Since a month, every three days, a person will disappear in Lijia Village, all of them are young girls who have not left the government. The village chief reported to the official, but Even if every household closes its doors and windows every night, and dozens of young adults are lurking around, the girl in the day room will quietly disappear the next day, and everyone will fall into a deep sleep without realizing it."

  Xie Yufei said: "Such methods are not like those of ordinary people. There must be demon cultivators at work." He asked Bai Shuyan: "Did you find anything this morning?"

  "I checked around the area and found no trace of demonic energy." Bai Shuyan lied with his eyes open.

  "Either it was not done by a demonic cultivator, or the cultivation level is higher than that of you and me." Xie Yufei thought.

  Bai Shuyan's exposed strength was in the late stage of foundation building, the same as Xie Yufei and Rong He, while Huo Xiao was in the middle stage of foundation building.

  Huo Xiao frowned when he heard this and said, "It's useless to speculate. Let's leave quickly."

  She paused, then looked at Rong He, obviously caring about his opinion, her voice was a little softer, "What do you think, Junior Brother Rong?"

  Bai Shuyan was secretly amused.

  At this time, the village chief came over with a tray and asked carefully: "Fellow immortals, would you like to drink some tea?"

  "Thank you." Rong He let him in and asked him, "How long has it been since the last time the girl disappeared?"

  "It's been three days, and the next time will be tonight." The village chief said tremblingly. He had a look of fear on his face, "There must be a demon that eats people. The Immortal Chief must save our village. There are only two girls left in our village..." He was about to kneel down.