Chapter 2

Devonte's POV

It takes longer than I expected to finish all do the things that I have to do today.

But I'm finally done, and I can go downstairs to talk with Tareek .

I just hope that he won't make any trouble when he will realise why he's here.

But I know that a punishment will be enough to set him straight, so I don't worry about it too much.

When I walk into the living room, I can see that he's sleeping on the couch, and I sigh in annoyance, before I shake him to wake him up.

He quickly sits up, and he looks around, before he notices me.

His eyes widen when he realises what's going on, and where he is, but I decide to ignore it, and I just sit on the other couch that's in front of him.

To be honest, if he was anyone else else, and he had fallen asleep on my couch, then I would have been very angry.

And I'm angry now, but I want to get this conversation over with quickly because I'm tired.

So, I guess that the punishment will have to wait for later.

"I have to talk with you about something." I tell him, and he nods.

"Okay." He says shily.

"Do you know what mates are?" I ask him.

"I think so." He tells me.

"Well, we're mates." I say, and his eyes widen.

"Are you sure? I thought that there will be some mate bond or something between us, but I don't feel anything." He says.

"I'm sure that you're my mate. I knew is since I saw you not much after you were born." I say.

"And you can't feel the mate bond yet because you're an Omega, so you will have to wait for another year." I explain.

Most werewolves can smell their mate since they're sixteen, but the Omegas have to wait for a year longer.

To be honest, when someone else was leading this pack, there was a law the said that no one could tell their mates that they're mates, before the both of them were able to feel the mate bond.

But I don't really care enough about it, so I don't follow those laws, although I didn't change them either.

"What will happen now?" Tareek asked me quietly.

"Well, you will stay at my house. I already told the guards to pack your things, so you don't have to do anything for now.

And as long as you will listen to me, then you don't have anything to worry about." I tell him, and he nods slightly.

"Alright, maybe except for the punishment for sleeping when you were supposed to wait on me." I tell him with a smirk.

His eyes widen, but he doesn't protest or anything, so I stand up, before I gesture for him to follow me up the stairs, and I ignore the fact that he looks scared now.

I guess that it's good that he's scared of me, because this means that he will follow me without a question.