Chapter 26

Devonte's POV

"Let's go." I say, and Tareek whines in annoyance.

"I don't want to go on a run." He tells me, but I ignore him, and I walk out of the house.

"If you will behave, then I will take you on a car ride." I say, and it takes only a few seconds for me to hear his footsteps going towards me.

I guess that he really wants to go on a car ride, so I will have to take him somewhere soon.

He never was in the city, but not many people from this pack were there.

That's because only a few pack members can go there, mostly the ones who have to work in the city.

We have about hundred people who work in the city, and they bring a lot of money into the pack, which I'm very glad for.

And even though I take a lot of it for myself, the other pack members definitely aren't poor.

Most of the men in my pack are the warriors, or at least the guards.

And if they aren't any of them for some reason, then they help around the pack, same as the women who don't have kids yet.

The other women mostly take care of their kids, and of the kids of the parents who both have to work.

"Why do you want to go on a run?" Tareek asks me curiously.

"Why don't you want to do it?" I ask him, and he rolls his eyes.

To be honest, I really can't believe that I don't punish him for something like that anymore, but I guess that I got a bit soft for him, although I don't mind it at all.

Now all that I can think about is how to make his life easier for him, but I guess that I would still punish him for doing something that he really shouldn't do.

"Shift." I say, and he groans, but he takes his clothes off anyway, and he shifts to his wolf form.

His wolf isn't as small as most of the Omegas, but he isn't anywhere near my wolf form.

I shift too, and then I lick his hear once, before I start to walk in the direction of one of the clearings.

He follows me, and he almost has to run to manage to keep up with my peace.

We walk around the pack, and I hope that he won't hate me for what I'm about to tell him.

"Finely will have to stay with you in the evening, because I need Wren to help me for a while, and I don't want to leave you alone with Logan." I say thought he mind link, and he stops walking, before he growls at me.

I growl back, but it doesn't affect him at all.

He must know that I won't seriously hurt him, because the mate bond won't allow me to do that.

"Let's go back." I say, when I see that it's almost an evening already, but Tareek just growls again.

"You will survive, it's just for about two hours." I say, and when he refuses to go with me, then I walk towards him, and I lift him as a dog would do with a puppy.