Chapter 3

Tareek's POV

When I walk down the stairs in the morning, I can see that a guy is sitting in the dining room, so I wonder if I'm allowed to go there, or not.

"Come here." He says, so I do it reluctantly, hoping that he won't hurt me.

I wish that the Alpha was here, so that I wouldn't have to be alone with this man.

He stands up, and he walks towards me, with a smile on his face.

I think that he's the first person that ever smiled at me, but surprisingly it makes me even more scared.

"I'm Wren." He tells me. "I will be your babysitter. He explains.

"A babysitter?" I ask.

To be honest, I already had a babysitter, so I don't really care that I will have another one.

"I will be staying with you while my brother will have to do his work, to make sure that you will be safe, and that you won't get in any trouble." He explains.

I nod in acknowledgement, and I give him a slight smile, although I'm not sure if I'm happy that he will be staying here all the time.

I guess that having Wren here will be both good and bad for me, so I decide to not argue about it.

It's not like I have a say about it anyway, because the Alpha will do whatever he wants, even if I won't like it.

I quickly eat something, and I decide to go to be living room, so Wren follows me there.

I wonder if he will just follow me around, or if he will make me do what he will want, but I guess that I will have to wait to find out.

Wren turns the TV on, and we watch a movie for a while, before the Alpha comes downstairs.

"Wren, you can leave for now." The Alpha says, and Wren nods, before he goes outside, most likely to the pack house.

"Can I know your name?" I ask him, before he can even say anything.

"Devonte." He tells me, and I smile slightly.

I honestly expected him to say no, or even get angry at me for wanting to know it, but I guess that I was wrong.

"Anyway." Devonte says, gaining my attention again.

"I will give you your punishment, and then I will show you what you will do in your free time, while I won't be here." He tells me, and I nod reluctantly.

He comes toward me and he takes his belt off, which makes my eyes widen, even though I already expected him to do that.

"I'm..." He says, so I look at him to encourage him to say the rest of the sentence.

"Tired of having to complain." He finishes, when he's sure that he has my attention.

"So, just listen to me, and do what I say, then neither you or I will be annoyed with our situation." He says.

No one ever hit me before, and I'm pretty sure that it's because I'm Devonte's mate, so I never was in much pain before.

"Bend over the couch." He tells me, and I reluctantly do that, before he pulls my pants to my knees.

I just let him do it, and I close my eyes while I wait for the pain to start.