Chapter 13

Tareek's POV

When Devonte came back to the house, I honestly expected him to smell that something happened to me.

But I'm pretty sure that he still doesn't know what happened, even though he was here for a few minutes now.

I went to the front door to greet him, and then I followed him to the living room where we're currently watching a football game.

"I have to tell you something." I say seriously, and he looks at me expectantly.

He's still annoyed with me, but it sees that I caught his attention.

"Finley forced me to sleep with him." I say.

"Well, he didn't force me, but he didn't give me any other reasonable choice." I say and his eyes widen, although I can see that he's not only surprised, but also angry.

"Explain." He tells me.

So, I tell him about everything that happened today, although even before I finish, I can see that he doesn't believe me.

"I will talk with Finley, and I will use my Alpha voice to see if he's telling the truth.

But if you're lying, then you can be sure that you will be punished." He tells me.

I nod slightly, before I watch as he leaves the house.

Thankfully, he locks the door, so I don't have to worry about anyone coming here.

Although I guess that someone could use the window to come inside.

I quickly take my phone out, and I call Wren, hoping that he will come here, so I won't have to be alone.

"Yes?" He asks me .

"Can you come here for a while?" I ask him hopefully.

"I was already on my way, Devonte called me." He tells me, and I sigh in relieve.

"Thanks." I say, before I hang up.

It takes him a few minutes to get here, but when he's finally here, I quickly tell him what's going on right now.

"I told Devonte that it won't end well if he will leave you alone with Finley, but he didn't believe me." Wren says angrily.

I'm a bit surprised that he cares about me this much, but I guess that it's a good thing.

I wish that someone like him was my mate, then my life would have been a lot easier than it's now.

Wren is Devonte's brother, so he's treated better than any other pack member, which would mean that I would have a good life anyway, and he's a lot nicer than my mate.

I want to tell him this, but I decide that I shouldn't do it, especially when Devonte is currently talking to Finley.

Because if Finley somehow will manage to lie to Devonte, and if Wren will decide to tell him about what I told him.

Then it would make it a lot harder for me to convince Devonte that I'm telling the truth.

I sigh tiredly, before I lay on the couch.

I just hope that Devonte will actually make Finley tell him the truth, or I will be in a lot of trouble.