Chapter 8

Tareek's POV

Devonte left me with Wren again, so the both of us are sitting in the living room, and we're watching the TV.

Or more like I'm laying on one of the couches, and he's laying on another.

"What are you thinking about?" Wren asks me, so I look at him.

"The pregnancy. I'm a bit scared that I will be in pain for a long time." I tell him.

"Well, the pregnancy isn't painful, at least if everything's going alright. But you will have to give birth, so you will most likely spend a few days in pain." He tells me.

I was hoping that Devonte didn't know what he was talking about, but now that Wren confirmed it, I can feel that I'm starting to panic.

"It will be fine, a lot of Omegas went through it, so I'm sure that you will manage to do it too." He says to assure me.

I decide to listen to him, and not much later, I'm able to breathe again, which I'm very grateful for.

"By the way. I will have to start to teach you soon, because Devonte was already annoying me about it." Wren tells me, and I nod.

I don't mind learning new things, and I will happily do it, so I definitely don't see a problem with that.

When Devonte comes back, someone comes here with him, so I decide to stay here, instead of going to greet him like I was doing for the past few days.

"Who's this?" I ask, when he and the other man come inside of the living room.

"This is Finley, he will help you with the training that I want you to do, but it won't be an everyday thing, so don't worry too much.

He will just make sure that you will be healthy." Devonte explains, and I look at the man who's supposed to train me.

He definitely doesn't look as nice as Wren and he doesn't even try to convince me otherwise, so I gulp loudly, before I nod reluctantly.

I'm sure that I will try to convince Devonte to choose someone else, but I definitely don't want to do that in front of this man.

"Well, I just wanted to introduce you, because Finley will come here tomorrow, and I'm not sure if I will be here then." Devonte says.

"It's nice to meet you." I say, because I fell like that's what's expected from me, but my voice is very quiet.

The man just nods slightly, although he still looks unimpressed.

I wonder if Devonte is forcing him to train me, and if that's why he's like this, or if that's just how he is every day.

I'm just glad that Devonte turned out to not be as bad as I previously thought, because I wouldn't be happy with someone that would treat me like a trash.

I know that Devonte isn't the best, but at least it seems that he cares about me a bit, which is more than enough for me, since I expected him to reject me by now.