Chapter 7

Tareek's POV

I quickly run towards the bathroom right after I wake up, hoping that I will manage to reach the toilet before I will throw up.

I can hear that I woke Devonte too, but I try to not worry about how he will react to this for now.

When I'm done throwing up, I stand up, and I go to the sing to wash my mouth.

Devonte is standing in the doorway, and he has a slightly disgusted expression.

"Let's go to the pack hospital." Devonte tells me, and I just nod in agreement.

It's not rare for an Omega to be sick, because Omegas are a bit weaker than the humans, and that means that they often die from not serious illnesses that the other werewolves can't even get.

That's why I was at the pack hospital more times than I would have liked.

It takes us a short while to get dressed, and to reach the pack house.

Doctor Enzo greets us right away, and he smiles at me slightly, before he looks at Devonte.

"Why are you here?" Doctor Enzo asks him.

"I want you to see if Tareek is pregnant." Devonte tells him, and the doctor nods, before he tells us to follow him inside one of the many rooms.

The pack hospital used to be a lot smaller, but Devonte had to extend it, because it wasn't big enough.

He also extended the pack house, which is already very big, so now it's even bigger than it was before.

Devonte gestures for me to give him my shirt, so I do that, and then I lay on the medical table.

The doctor brings the ultrasound machine here, and he sits on the chair that's near me, before he starts to do the ultrasound.

I still can't believe that I will be able to be pregnant, but I guess that it's better than not having any kids, so I will have to deal with it.

Devonte stands near the doctor, so he can see the screen too, and it take him only a short while to smile brightly.

I think that it's the first time that I saw him smile, but it disappears very quickly, when he realises that he's doing it.

"Congrats." Doctor Enzo tells me, and I smile slightly.

"Thanks." I say, before I stand up.

I quickly take the paper that Devonte is handing me, and I wipe my stomach with it, before I put my shirt on.

We wait here for a moment, before doctor Enzo comes back with some pictures.

I look a the one of them, and Devonte points at the small dot that's in the middle of it.

"That's our kid." He tells me.

I look at the picture for a while longer, before I give it to him, and he puts it in his pocket along with the rest.

"We should go back. It's the middle of the night." I say, and Devonte agrees right away, so that's what we do.