Chapter 24

Tareek's POV

We're finally allowed to take Logan with us, and I'm more than happy about it.

I just hope that I will manage to take care of him while Devonte will be at work, but I guess that Wren will be there to help me.

I'm currently waiting on Devonte to come back to the house, because he went to the pack house to get Logan.

And I really can't wait for them to be here.

When I see Devonte through the window, I quickly stand up, and I walk towards the door, where I wait on him.

He smiles when he sees me, and not much later, he gives Logan to me.

I take him happily, and I carry him to the living room, where Wren is taking a nap.

"He's asleep?" Devonte asked me, while he points at his brother.

"He was tired." I say.

Devonte decides to not ask anything else about it, and he comes over to sit next to me.

"I have to tell you something." Devonte tells me, and I look at him curiously.

"Yes?" I ask him.

"Logan might not be able to be an Alpha." He says, and I frown.

Before I can asked him anything, he starts to explain this to me.

I'm not really sure what I should say about it, so I just nod to let him know that I got everything that he said.

It's not like this information will change how I will treat my son, so I don't really care if he will be like any other werewolf or not.

I just hope that he won't be treated differently because of that, and I'm happy that Devonte didn't stop liking him.

And that he's still happy that he has a son, even if Logan might not be able to be the next Alpha.

We cuddle with Logan for a while, until he wakes up, and he starts to cry.

Devonte sighs in annoyance, before he stands up, and he goes out of the living room to make a bottle of milk for him.

I look at Wren who is now sitting on the couch, and he smiles at me to assure me that he's not angry that Logan woke him up.

I guess that since I'm healed now, then he will move out of here, which definitely isn't something that I would like.

But I guess that I might be able to convince Devonte to let him stay here, to help us with Logan.

Devonte comes back after a few minutes, and he gives me the bottle, so I start to feed the kid who happily drinks all of the milk.

"When will he start talking?" I ask Devonte, and he chuckles along with Wren.

"When he will be two or maybe three." He tells me, and I frown.

"I don't want to wait for that long." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes.

"Well, we can't change it, so you will have to wait." He tells me, and I groan in annoyance.