Chapter 27

Tareek's POV

When we reach the house, I shift back, and I walk inside to see if Wren and Logan are still alright.

It seems that the both of them are still doing what they were doing when I left, so I guess that Logan didn't make any trouble.

Logan is sleeping in one of his cribs, which is I the living room, and Wren is watching the TV quietly.

He smiles at me slightly, before he stands up.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I have to help Devonte with something." He tells me reluctantly.

"Alright." I say.

I didn't realise that he will be going already, but I don't want to make Wren feel bad about it.

Because I know that if it was up to him, then he would have stayed with me.

He smiles at me apologetically, before he goes out of the living room, to find Devonte who's still outside.

He comes inside a while later, and Finley is following him, but I make sure to not look at him.

"I expect you to behave." Devonte tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

He looks at me for a while, before he leaves the house.

Finely and I look at each other for a while, before he sighs, and he walks towards the couch, so he can sit.

"Come here." He tells me after a while, and I shake my head.

"I said that I want you to come here." He tells me, but I just glare at him.

"Stupid Omega." He says, before he comes towards me.

He grabs the back of my neck, before he forces me to get on my knees.

"No!" I shout loudly. "Leave me alone!" I tell him as loudly as I can, hoping the Devonte is still somewhere near the house, and that he will be able to hear me.

"Stay quiet." Finley says, and he hits my head.

Thankfully the front door opens, before he can do anything more, and I sigh in relieve while he walks towards the couch to make it seem like he wasn't doing anything.

I hold the back of my head, where the bruise is already forming, and I hope that Devonte will believe me now.

I think that I might actually have a concussion, or something, because I feel weird now.

"What's going on here?" Devonte asks.

I look at him, and I quickly take Logan who's crying now, before I run past him when I see Wren, who looks at me worriedly.

I hug him, and he hugs me back with one hand.

He leads me up the stairs, while Devonte talks with Finley.

Devonte starts to shout not much after Wren closes his bedroom door, but I can't hear exactly what is being said.

"I made sure that Devonte and I were walking as slowly as possible, because I had a feeling that something bad was about to happen." He tells me, and I smile at him gratefully.

I'm thankful that at least he believed me about Finley.